Respected Contributor

With a name like that i had to go and watch the trailer , I almost rented Mother to see if it was as bad as they said , but i passed.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEENIt was a depressing account of a married woman that had so many problems.  I wrote about a year or so ago but some posters were angry at me for giving my opinion.  Like this last movie, I was trying to save some from misery.  I think I titled it "please don't watch..."  I guess I was wrong.  I still read reviews here and find them helpful.

Respected Contributor

Great suggestions, thank you one and all!  Sending you sweet dreams.

Cathy

Trusted Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

The most sickening movie ever.  I thought "Mother" was the worst.  "Midnight Meat Train" which I would have never looked at if I had known the name of it!  Brooke Shields was asking Bradley Cooper to take photos.  He becomes interested in a subject that worked in a meat packing plant, it went way downhill from there... 

We have internet TV in our bedroom and turn on TUBI for sound and were listening to "Regarding Henry" which is a nice love story.  I have trouble sleeping and often wake and catch a movie.

I was so upset I woke DH and asked him to talk with me for a few minutes and find out what the name if this gross thing was.  We emailed TUBI and got an answer back which told us how to set auto play in the PG only settings which we now do.  They also said they are working on stopping Horror movies from mixing in with other kinds of movies. 

Maybe this will help another person who also likes to sleep with the internet TV on.  Sleep experts say to have a dark, quiet room for good sleep but for me light noise helps me and DH also sleep.

And I'm thinking Albert Brooks and Debbie Reynolds.  How sick could that make you? 😮

1996 film.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to have the tv turned to the Weather Channel, with the volume so low that I can barely hear it, then I'm sound asleep.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

The most sickening movie ever.  I thought "Mother" was the worst.  "Midnight Meat Train" which I would have never looked at if I had known the name of it!  Brooke Shields was asking Bradley Cooper to take photos.  He becomes interested in a subject that worked in a meat packing plant, it went way downhill from there... 

We have internet TV in our bedroom and turn on TUBI for sound and were listening to "Regarding Henry" which is a nice love story.  I have trouble sleeping and often wake and catch a movie.

I was so upset I woke DH and asked him to talk with me for a few minutes and find out what the name if this gross thing was.  We emailed TUBI and got an answer back which told us how to set auto play in the PG only settings which we now do.  They also said they are working on stopping Horror movies from mixing in with other kinds of movies. 

Maybe this will help another person who also likes to sleep with the internet TV on.  Sleep experts say to have a dark, quiet room for good sleep but for me light noise helps me and DH also sleep.

And I'm thinking Albert Brooks and Debbie Reynolds.  How sick could that make you? 😮

1996 film.

The movie she's talking about stars Jennifer Lawrence.

Trusted Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

1996 film.

The movie she's talking about stars Jennifer Lawrence.

Yes,  I know. I was joking. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Now i want to see the Debbie Reynolds movie , it was quite good. Albert Brookes doesn't seem to be in movies now.

Trusted Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Now i want to see the Debbie Reynolds movie , it was quite good. Albert Brookes doesn't seem to be in movies now.

Bob Einstein was hilarious, too.

Respected Contributor

Loved the movie "Mother" starring Albert and Debbie.  "Lost In America" has been on cable lately, another funny Albert Brooks movie.