Respected Contributor

Re: I Wish Our Local News People (Tucson)

@patbzHi!  DH thought you might get Phoenix instead of Tucson?  Is your main weather lady LV?  Thanks for writing!  It's nice to hear from people in my neck of the woods!

Respected Contributor

@DesertPonyWelcome to the boards to you and all our new posters!  Good point about the news people's wardrobe!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ  Welcome to AZ!!!  I don't love that style of dress either but they look better in them than I would, lol!!!

Respected Contributor

@freakygirlI'm having a few chuckles at our answers here too!!!  My clubbing days are long over but if this is how the ladies dress now they are less extreme than my fellow dancers back(way back) in the day.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@catter70Yes those dresses are definately not for sale on the Q.  I wonder where they get them?  As I told another poster my old bod wouldn't look good in that style for sure, lol

Glad to know we are not the only ones discussing this topic, thanks and hello to your sister too!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

To be fair, local news people work under drastically different condition than Nora O'Donnell.  You'll never see her out in the desert with wind and send blowing while reporting on a story.  If you think on-air staff are inappropriately dressed, I'd email the news director.

I just wish they'd quit showing needles going into people's. arms during flu shot stories.

• @patbz. Your comment about the pg weathercaster reminded my of what I thought last week-end when the Today Show weathercaster, Dylan (Dillon?) did the weather.  She's 8 mo pg and was wearing a tighy, form-fitting black lace dress.  When she stood sideways, her butt was as large as her abdomen, both being huge.  What a sight that was!

@Kachina624Yikes!  I wonder why that pg weather woman would wear that?  There are such cute clothes for pregers.

Respected Contributor

@sissel wrote:

In Phoenix we have a food tasting always near end of show one girl just can't help herself & enjoys it. I laugh. Seems the young ones guess just starting they put out on field locations. Some do move to other local channels & weekends is a new young crew. 

I don't mind watching the cooking/tasting portions of the shows either!  Some here  at the Q either love or hate DV.  We cut the cable cord a few months ago so now I just order on line, when I order.  He seems like a nice person and like me, he loves to eat Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom  Her mom is somewhat attractive, but not the striking good looks of her daughter.  The daughter was named after her mom!

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom.  I too cut the cord, a couple years ago.  I got an $11 interior antenna and get QVC, Q2 and HSN on it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624I remember you mentioning that and that is why we did it while living in Vail AZ!  It was great.  Now in our new city further south in AZ we can't even get 1 channel with antenna so we gave all 3 of ours to the new owners who bought our place in Vail.

Our cable co. has us over a barrell with the only wifi service in town.  We have HULU and a couple of others and do ok but no shopping channels.