Honored Contributor

Re: I Wish Our Local News People (Tucson)

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom how right you are about vaping stories. I've seen more nostrils, whiskers and piercing up closer than I'd prefer. 

We live in the Green Bay market which is probably considered smaller than most, but the news, weather and sports anchors all dress nice. 

Honored Contributor

Every item of clothing, every pair of shoes, every haircut and styling product, every bit of makeup everyone who appears on television for a living buys is tax deductible as a business expense.  This is why you don't often see them repeating the same clothes.

Local stations are owned by companies that tend to own multiples. Either way, the orders on how the women have to dress come from the top, whether local stations or cable networks.  Not sure about the men.

This is why you see tight dresses or what i consider unprofessional,tight clothing on some stations and cable channels but not on others.

Honored Contributor

Every item of clothing, every pair of shoes, every haircut and styling product, every bit of makeup everyone who appears on television for a living buys is tax deductible as a business expense.  This is why you don't often see them repeating the same clothes.

Sometimes local stations have salons or boutiques that provide hair services and/or clothing for the anchors.  That's when you see a credit at the end; they're doing it for the publicity.  In those cases the female anchor goes and picks out clothes there or has her hair done there and pays nothing and has nothing to deduct.

Local stations are owned by companies that tend to own multiples. Either way, the orders on how the women have to dress come from the top, whether local stations or cable networks.  Not sure about the men.

This is why you see tight dresses or what i consider unprofessional, tight clothing on some stations and cable channels but not on others.

Honored Contributor

This morning it was 28° with heavy frost all over everything.  The female morning anchor showed up in a sleeveless, deep V-neck tropical flowered sundress.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Wonder whose idea that was?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@Jackhound Mom how right you are about vaping stories. I've seen more nostrils, whiskers and piercing up closer than I'd prefer. 

We live in the Green Bay market which is probably considered smaller than most, but the news, weather and sports anchors all dress nice. 

@AuntGI'm glad your news people dress nice!  Your answer about vaping was funny and right.  Thanks for the the laughs and I read your answer to DH Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

This is why you see tight dresses or what i consider unprofessional,tight clothing on some stations and cable channels but not on others.

That is interesting, thank you @LoriLori 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Brrrrrrr!  Maybe she was wishful thinking.  All I can think is that those studio lights must be hot.  We are cold here too Kachina.  Stay warm Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

In Phoenix we have a food tasting always near end of show one girl just can't help herself & enjoys it. I laugh. Seems the young ones guess just starting they put out on field locations. Some do move to other local channels & weekends is a new young crew. 

Respected Contributor

@MamaWickI can't remember how the news people looked when we were in Brainerd MN but if our DH's notice it's got to be extreme!  I love both your bottom quotes!!!

Respected Contributor

@KrimpetteI'll bet her mom is a pretty woman also!  Thanks Cat Very Happy