Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I Wish Our Local News People (Tucson)

Men & woman would take a hint from Nora O'Donnell!  She is always beautifly dressed, every hair in place, calm & informative.

Ours from Tucson are goofy, dressed inappropratively, sloppy, have speech problems.

Another major grind for me is the stories about current vaping problems.  The camera people shoot multiple mouths up close!  I wrote a few channels and asked them to show the products and not mouths and hope they consider my suggestion...

Honored Contributor

Re: I Wish Our Local News People (Tucson)

@Jackhound Mom Nora is a lovely lady, for sure.  As an aside, her Mother is a substitute teacher for my Senior exercise classes!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom :  I probably watch same news channels as you (I'm in Show Low) and you are right about the attire (especially channel 12).  In one case I was so perturbed by a pregnant weather gal's outfit that I emailed her!  She put me in my place by saying her Mother picked out the outfit!  Nora O'Donnell is perfectly dressed every evening,others should take a page from her book.

Contributor

To be fair Nora makes a lot more money and has access to higher endl clothing ten your local newspeople , that being said there is no reason someone can't look neat and pulled together on a budget.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. I had been watching the ABC morning news, but can't stand the latest round of local Tucson newscasters, so I just watch national news. I just hate it when the women insist on wearing sleeveless dresses. It does get cold in the mornings, even in Arizona!

Trusted Contributor

some of the replies here are too funny! but i have to agree. super inappropriate attire. you would think the execs or someone (!) at work or in their family would mention it. some are downright dressed for going clubbing. 

Respected Contributor

My sister and I were just discussing this the other day. What's with the fitted sleeveless dresses about? Even our local newscasters and weather women wear fiited sleeveless dresses pretty much all the time and some of them really shouldn't, btw.

Honored Contributor

To be fair, local news people work under drastically different condition than Nora O'Donnell.  You'll never see her out in the desert with wind and send blowing while reporting on a story.  If you think on-air staff are inappropriately dressed, I'd email the news director.

I just wish they'd quit showing needles going into people's. arms during flu shot stories.

• @patbz. Your comment about the pg weathercaster reminded my of what I thought last week-end when the Today Show weathercaster, Dylan (Dillon?) did the weather.  She's 8 mo pg and was wearing a tighy, form-fitting black lace dress.  When she stood sideways, her butt was as large as her abdomen, both being huge.  What a sight that was!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  We saw Dylan in that outfit!!!! Yesterday she was on set and then not (I thought maybe she was on her way to hospital.  I'm not a fan of tighty maternity wear (it looks awful).

Honored Contributor

@patbz. I guess we're just old fashioned but some of the maternity outfits I see escape the bounds of good taste.   I know there are attractive dresses out there because I see other people wearing them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment