Highlighted
Honored Contributor

🍿 I Wanna Dance with Somebody movie? 🎬

I just heard this announced on Access Hollywood.  Did an internet search & found this.....

"I Wanna Dance with Somebody is an upcoming feature about the late musical icon, Whitney Houston. Naomi Ackie stars as Whitney Houston in the musical biopic, which is based on the epic life and music of the iconic singer. Directed by Kasi Lemmons and written by Academy Award® Nominee Anthony McCarten, the film will take audiences on an emotional, energetic journey through Houston’s career and music."

Scheduled to be released in the United States in theaters on December 21, 2022.

I was never a fan of her music but was a fan of her private life. Smiley Tongue  The woman could sing though during the height of her career. 

I will wait for this movie to hit HBO w/in 30 days after release in theaters.  Then Amazon Prime and/or Netflex will follow. whistling.gif

YouTube Trailer--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tfemzaMkoU

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: 🍿 I Wanna Dance with Somebody movie? 🎬

@Mz iMac , I loved Whitney Houston's music.  Thanks for the heads up.  LM

Honored Contributor

Nope.  Easy pass for me.  Loved her music but she was just another drugged out junkie who destroyed her own life and her daughter's life.  

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Mz iMac , I loved Whitney Houston's music.  Thanks for the heads up.  LM

I ALSO love Whtiney's music. She had an AMAZING voice. Her rendition of the Star Spangled Banner at a Superbowl half-time gave me chills. NOBODY sang it BETTER than Whitney. I will see the movie.