Honored Contributor

Re: I SAW THE DOWNTON ABBEY MOVIE TONIGHT !!

@twopuppiesmom - Welcome to the forums!

You already answered the question I had that @Catty2  first asked: I haven't seen the series at all (but I wish I could have and someday hope to). I've actually been to a Downton Abbey "party"! Now I can say I can go see the movie!

I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Wow, thanks, @twopuppiesmom!  Like everyone here, I am a HUGE fan!  Actually watched the entire series twice!

My sister is the one who turned me on to it, so I'm going to get her to go with me.

Honored Contributor

We saw it yesterday. It is beautiful. Trust me ,the TV just doesn't do justice to that gorgeous home

Same great cast ,with a few worthy additions. If you loved the series , you will  love this too

I saw the guy that plays Carson being interviewed ,and he hinted ,there could be more films  in the future ,about the Crawley family

Esteemed Contributor

Have tickets for this evening

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

We so enjoyed the movie. Brought about some closure from missing the series and I hope another movie follows. Writers did a great job giving us what we missed and leaving the door open for another movie. What a concept -- let some time pass after favorite TV show ends and follow up with a movie. After the show, husband and I sat in the comfy bistro area of our theatre and discussed how we would enjoy seeing post TV movies such as The Americans and at some point, Outlander. I'd like to see a movie follow-up of LOST, but I may be going to that one alone -- talk about being cheated out of the end of a TV show. Ha. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I’m going to go this week during the day.  Hopefully, most people will be at work...so it won’t be crowded.

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

We saw it yesterday. It is beautiful. Trust me ,the TV just doesn't do justice to that gorgeous home

Same great cast ,with a few worthy additions. If you loved the series , you will  love this too

I saw the guy that plays Carson being interviewed ,and he hinted ,there could be more films  in the future ,about the Crawley family

I definitely see the potential for another movie as they left  some storylines dangling.

Honored Contributor

I saw the movie Friday afternoon. It was perfection IMO. I won’t give anything away but it was perfectly done.  The entire audience cheered at the opening music and clapped at the end. That never happens at movies here. Lol. Loved it - every second. 

Honored Contributor

Can't wait! Today small group of friends are joining us to see the movie. 

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I saw the movie Friday afternoon. It was perfection IMO. I won’t give anything away but it was perfectly done.  The entire audience cheered at the opening music and clapped at the end. That never happens at movies here. Lol. Loved it - every second. 

Same thing happened at the showing I went to see.