Esteemed Contributor

Re: I SAW THE DOWNTON ABBEY MOVIE TONIGHT !!

Never saw the series but saw the movie last evening and it made not one iota of a difference as to enjoying it or not. It was it's own story.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@drizzellla   I LOVED Lady Mary's dress that she wore at the ball at the end of the movie. 

YES! YES! YES!

I was thinking of that gown when I mentioned how attractive the gowns were.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a little bit of trivia.  My hub can spot faces and identify them very quickly.  We were watching DA and he leaned over and whispered "That's King Robert Baratheon."  King Robert, from Game of Thrones, was played by Mark Addy, who also played the shopkeeper Mr. Bakewell in Downton Abby.

Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

Just a little bit of trivia.  My hub can spot faces and identify them very quickly.  We were watching DA and he leaned over and wispered "That's King Robert Baratheon."  King Robert, from Game of Thrones, was played by Mark Addy, who also played the shopkeeper Mr. Bakewell in Downton Abby.

He's been in a lot ot things.  I immediately recognized him from the Full Monty.  He's a good actor

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Earlier this week my son asked me if I wanted to see the Downton Abbey movie. I said yes.

So Monday and Tuesday night we binge watched season 5 of the TV show. He never saw that season and I only watched a few episodes. So we were up until 3AM binge watching.

It really didn't matter. But I did get a kick out of seeing the butler for Dowager Countess of Grantham (Maggie Smith) in the orchestra. The gowns and uniforms were really attractive. It was a pleasure watching the movie.

Spratt was in the orchestra?  i hardly looked at them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@twopuppiesmom 

Went to the theater for the first time in YEARS today to see this movie.

So wonderful and a satisfying wrap up to their lives from the series.

I was tearful, many times, and laughed, and like most of you, did not want it to end!

i saw it today.  I teared up at the very beginning as soon as downton appeared on the screen!  ❤️. OMG just like i did when the series ended.  And for Thomas.  And of course at the end.  

Honored Contributor

I just got around to seeing it and I think I preferred the series.

Honored Contributor

Last night after all the hoopla, I sat down and watched the Downton movie. I didn't get to see it at the theater, but it was on demand. I just love seeing all the characters again, everyone got a little bit of the story, even Mosley, and Thomas's story made me so sad.  I will watch it again.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan