Respected Contributor

Re: I SAW THE DOWNTON ABBEY MOVIE TONIGHT !!

wow.  i just went to see it today, and it was so good.  i didn't want it to end!  i agree that the door was left open for more ... but my question is for what?  is there some remote possibility that they will come back to the small screen?  i clearly recieved the intros they threw out to us about what is to come ...(and even who will not be included) and i keep hoping that it will be more TV, but you all think it will just be another movie?  not that the movie was "JUST" .... but, you know.  it was so nice to look forward to every sunday night.  such a good series.  

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I thoroughly enjoyed it and wanted it to go on.

Thomas had a new hairdo and looked quite handsome. (I think he changed his part)

Anna cut her hair and developed a new personality.

Honored Contributor

We have decided to see it a second time. The only other time we did this ,was for the film, The King's Speech

Esteemed Contributor

@twopuppiesmom 

Went to the theater for the first time in YEARS today to see this movie.

So wonderful and a satisfying wrap up to their lives from the series.

I was tearful, many times, and laughed, and like most of you, did not want it to end!

Trusted Contributor

I went and saw it on Friday night, dragged my hubby,  I really enjoyed it.  I think I was the only one in the full theatre without gray hair (thanks to hair color).  It was funny that the "premium seats"  in front -- obviously no one in those seats had been to a movie in awhile,  when the showed something in the preview before the show started they mentioned the reclining seats and everyone in that row looked down and was trying to figure out how to recline them.   There were 4 women that came in dressed in tiaras and costumes.  I think everyone really enjoyed,

Honored Contributor

I knew the movie wouldn't disappoint. The audience cheered-bravo. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think saying well done covers my opinion of the Downton Abbey movie.  It was everything I expected and like others I like the fact that the door was opened for the possibility of a second movie.  Personally I would love to see the series return and just run forever like Days of Our Lives.  

Honored Contributor

Earlier this week my son asked me if I wanted to see the Downton Abbey movie. I said yes.

So Monday and Tuesday night we binge watched season 5 of the TV show. He never saw that season and I only watched a few episodes. So we were up until 3AM binge watching.

It really didn't matter. But I did get a kick out of seeing the butler for Dowager Countess of Grantham (Maggie Smith) in the orchestra. The gowns and uniforms were really attractive. It was a pleasure watching the movie.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla   I LOVED Lady Mary's dress that she wore at the ball at the end of the movie.