Honored Contributor

I SAW ALEX TREBEK IN A MOVIE LAST NIGHT

[ Edited ]

I decided to watch Robert Altman's film Short Cuts from 1993. I had seen it at the movie theater when it first came out but not since and I remembered very little about it other than it was strange, very long, and I'd liked it. It is a large ensemble cast with quirky actors such as singers Tom Waits and Lyle Lovett in it, as well as a young and very gorgeous Julianne Moore.

Anyway, right at the beginning, there is a scene where 2 couples are at the theater and Alex Trebek (with his mustache and perm) is sitting a few seats away from them so the couples notice him and start talking about him. He is sitting with a white haired older woman who might be his real mother.  Then throughout the film, there are other references to him (the wife of one of the couples has a crush on him) and when the 2 couples get together for a cookout later in the film they play the Jeopardy game!  It was all quite funny!

Warning if anyone wants to see this-- there is a lot  of nudity in the film including seeing that Julianne Moore is a natural redhead. (In the bonus interview with Altman on the DVD he confirms that, but you do see for yourself 😉 ). 

Honored Contributor

Re: I SAW ALEX TREBEK IN A MOVIE LAST NIGHT

Cool!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

That sounds like fun.  I wonder if LeVar Burton - an actor himself - knows anout Alex's acting days.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I loved it when Alex popped up on X-Files. The episode was "Jose Chung's From Outer Space".

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That sounds like fun.  I wonder if LeVar Burton - an actor himself - knows anout Alex's acting days.

He has also been on the Golden Girls with Merv GriffinSmiley Happy