Honored Contributor

Has anyone else watched this on HBO? I watched if for free this weekend on Comcast. It's a two part series.

It's about the case in MA of the death of Conrad Roy and how his "friend" Michelle Carter encouraged him via phone and text to commit suucide.

I still think exactly the same way, that she was criminally guilty and I think she should be serving more time than she is. But the documentary did open my eyes to all the problems she had, and Conrad had, that contributed to the crime and tragedy. As stated in the documentary, it was the "perfect storm". 

They were allowed to film in the courtroom. Her case was decided by a judge, she waived her right to a jury trial.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I saw it a few weeks ago.  I knew most of what was documented, but it was interesting to listen to Conrad's family speak.  Incredibly sad, and I really feel for the family. I, too, think Michelle should have received a longer sentence, but I'm glad she is at least serving some time.  I doubt she will seek help, once she is released, which is kind of scary.  She doesn't seem to "get" that she has deep psychological issues. It would be interesting to hear what her parents think, but I doubt they would ever agree to an interview, and I wouldn't blame them. I'm sure it's difficult for them, as well, even though they still have their daughter. Really sad situation for everyone. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

Such a tragic and avoidable (I'd hope avoidable that is...) end to a seemingly promising future for a sensitive and lost soul needing profound help to get through every day normality....

He was a beautiful light, burnt out too soon.

She is a needy, sad, pathetic liar and inflater. I feel no sorrow or empathy for her... and had that been my son, she'd already have a toe tag.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Has anyone else watched this on HBO? I watched if for free this weekend on Comcast. It's a two part series.

It's about the case in MA of the death of Conrad Roy and how his "friend" Michelle Carter encouraged him via phone and text to commit suucide.

I still think exactly the same way, that she was criminally guilty and I think she should be serving more time than she is. But the documentary did open my eyes to all the problems she had, and Conrad had, that contributed to the crime and tragedy. As stated in the documentary, it was the "perfect storm". 

They were allowed to film in the courtroom. Her case was decided by a judge, she waived her right to a jury trial.

I think that's a good summary and I agree. The director was obviously very empathetic toward Michelle, but I do think holding her criminally responsible was the way to go.

Yes, he was troubled and yes, he was emotionally manipulative. But when someone is killing himself the way he did and STOPs and gets out of the vehicle, the minute you tell the person to get back in and finish it, I think you've become an accountable accompliace. She could have told someone he needed help or called 911, but she chose instead to use his death to her own advantage.

She could have told the family where he was, at the very least, instead of making people search. 

I've been following this case since it happened and did learn a few new things from the documentary, but like you, not enough to change my mind about her.

Respected Contributor

My asthma is so bad right now that any scent makes me cough and sends me to my inhaler. I've even given all the ladies who work around me an unscented hand cream to use until I get over whatever caused this. And I have to tell you, it's so sad living in an unscented world.

I like Jo Malone Lime, Basil, and Mandarin and Aerin Hibiscus Palm.