Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Love You, Daddy - Premiere Cancelled

What gets me is that even in the most egregious cases, people around the alleged perpetrator come out of the woodwork to say they’re not surprised by the revelations. It seems that some awful behavior was known and tolerated because nobody dared to get involved. Meanwhile, the victims suffered.

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@TenderMercies Not the case here, as he'd already confronted the guy and essentially got an apology/admission.  So why not come out with it four years ago when Goddard was accused again by someone else?  Like so many others did when Weinstein was accused?

@esmerelda How in the world does confronting your accuser make it easier for you to announce to the public that you've been victimized?  

@TenderMerciesHow about since you had enough courage to confront him you provide a bit of support and credibility to the claims of others when they say he's victimized them?  Maybe help put a stop to it? 

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@TenderMercies Not the case here, as he'd already confronted the guy and essentially got an apology/admission.  So why not come out with it four years ago when Goddard was accused again by someone else?  Like so many others did when Weinstein was accused?

@esmerelda How in the world does confronting your accuser make it easier for you to announce to the public that you've been victimized?  

@TenderMerciesHow about since you had enough courage to confront him you provide a bit of support and credibility to the claims of others when they say he's victimized them?  Maybe help put a stop to it? 

@esmerelda Confronting someone who abused you and revealing to the entire world that you were abused are two different things.  You seem to suggest that those who don’t come forward and make their abuse known are somehow not brave or that if their abuser goes on to victimize other it’s somehow the previous victim’s fault.  As I mentioned earlier, one of the biggest reasons that victims of abuse don’t come forward is out of concern that they are going to face criticism or somehow be blamed.  I guess their concerns are valid.