Trusted Contributor

Re: I Love You, Daddy - Premiere Cancelled

@Reever wrote:

George Takai has recently had an allegation thrown his way by a younger man. The man said George sexually assaulted him - a former model (in his early 20s at the time). 

George is denying it.  Who do we believe ? 

I’ll believe it if another victim comes forward.  One thing we’ve learned is that this behavior is habitual.  One accusation by an adult who goes home with another adult, gets drunk and is offended by inappropriate touching  sounds like half the dates I had in college.  Takei denies ever having met the guy, too.  The trickiest thing about all these accusations is that they’re all a little different, and we don’t have any kind of barometer to determine what and what not to believe.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

So far Ive categorized

Guilty: Weinstein, Cosby, Louis CK

still questioning/unsure; George Tekkie, Roy Moore

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

So far Ive categorized

Guilty: Weinstein, Cosby, Louis CK

still questioning/unsure; George Tekkie, Roy Moore

@Reever  LOL!  Your typo made me laugh.  A combination of Trekkies and George Takei.  Good one, even though unintended I'm sure.

Uh, you forgot Kevin Space and Brett Ratner in your assessment, both recently prominently in the news for the same as Weinstein, Cosby and Louis CK.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

And now there's Anthony Edwards accusing producer Gary Goddard.  From CBS Entertainment News:

Actor Anthony Edwards has accused producer Gary Goddard of molesting him for years.

In a detailed essay published to Medium, Edwards, now 55, recalls meeting Goddard when he was just 12 years old. He also says his best friend was raped by the producer (of various things)...."I was molested by Goddard, my best friend was raped by him  --  and this went on for years. The group of us, the gang, stayed quiet," Edwards writes.

He adds, "I happened to run into Gary Goddard at an airport. I was able to express my outrage at what he had done. He swore to his remorse and said that he had gotten help. I felt a temporary sense of relief. I say temporary because when Goddard appeared in the press four years ago for alleged sexual abuse, my rage resurfaced."

A spokesman for Goddard "unequivocally" denied the allegations in a statement provided to CBS News.

And it took him four years to say anything about something he'd already confronted.  Why did he wait?  I wonder if any of the rest of "the gang" will speak out.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

And now there's Anthony Edwards accusing producer Gary Goddard.  From CBS Entertainment News:

Actor Anthony Edwards has accused producer Gary Goddard of molesting him for years.

In a detailed essay published to Medium, Edwards, now 55, recalls meeting Goddard when he was just 12 years old. He also says his best friend was raped by the producer (of various things)...."I was molested by Goddard, my best friend was raped by him  --  and this went on for years. The group of us, the gang, stayed quiet," Edwards writes.

He adds, "I happened to run into Gary Goddard at an airport. I was able to express my outrage at what he had done. He swore to his remorse and said that he had gotten help. I felt a temporary sense of relief. I say temporary because when Goddard appeared in the press four years ago for alleged sexual abuse, my rage resurfaced."

A spokesman for Goddard "unequivocally" denied the allegations in a statement provided to CBS News.

And it took him four years to say anything about something he'd already confronted.  Why did he wait?  I wonder if any of the rest of "the gang" will speak out.

Maybe the reason why Edwards and so many other victims of assault keep quiet for so long is because they don’t want to have to deal with people doubting and trying to place the blame on them.

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

Maybe the reason why Edwards and so many other victims of assault keep quiet for so long is because they don’t want to have to deal with people doubting and trying to place the blame on them.

I think males may also find it more difficult to speak out, unfortunately.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I have no idea if Louis CK is innocent or guilty but I do feel bad for everyone who worked on the movie. Collateral damage I suppose.

Louis CK has admitted to the accusations.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if accusations like this are made in European countries...you know...where they are more free, more casual, less "uptight about sex."

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TenderMercies Not the case here, as he'd already confronted the guy and essentially got an apology/admission.  So why not come out with it four years ago when Goddard was accused again by someone else?  Like so many others did when Weinstein was accused?

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@TenderMercies Not the case here, as he'd already confronted the guy and essentially got an apology/admission.  So why not come out with it four years ago when Goddard was accused again by someone else?  Like so many others did when Weinstein was accused?

@esmerelda How in the world does confronting your accuser make it easier for you to announce to the public that you've been victimized?