Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I Love You, Daddy - Premiere Cancelled

Producers of the new film, "I Love You, Daddy" cancelled this evenings premiere in NYC after a NY Times article was published about the film's star, Louis CK, and his inappropriate conduct with women over the years.  Another Hollywood career gone down the drain.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Love You, Daddy - Premiere Cancelled

He gives me the heebeejeebies too.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

So he gets to take down the whole production and all the work put in by the rest of the cast, production team, film crew, writers ect? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

So he gets to take down the whole production and all the work put in by the rest of the cast, production team, film crew, writers ect? 

Production on the film was finished, so at least everyone got paid.  The only ones who will lose out will be the studio and/or producers who invested in the film.  

Honored Contributor

It must be so difficult and scary to be a person who has anything to do with making TV or movies.

I'm just thinking (like some have said) they loose all of the work they put into these shows because some person was an idiot.

There are going to be so many people (i.e. writers, producers, lighting, scenery and on and on) who won't have work because of the ignorance of these people (I'm including some females too).

Although it hasn't come out much, I'm sure there were females in business and in TV and movies who abused their power too.

What is it with these people?  Good grief!  I think this is still just the beginning.

I was watching TMZ and they talked with Diana Nyad a world class swimmer who's written a book and gives inspirational speeches.   She talked about how so many coaches abuse children (she was among them abused).  

She said to Harvey at TMZ, "Remember when we were kids we could play outside and and our parents didn't worry"?  He said, "Yes, I sure do".  I'm 71 and I (like many of you) remember that and more.

She said, "Maybe one day we'll get back to that".  He said, "Well Diana, I'd like to think so, but I'm afraid those days are probably long gone".  

Sad, isn't it?

Honored Contributor

What I don't like now is that mere accusations are ruining careers.  I'm all for ruining the career of a se*ual predator, but once it's been proven, not by mere accusations.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

What I don't like now is that mere accusations are ruining careers.  I'm all for ruining the career of a se*ual predator, but once it's been proven, not by mere accusations.

In this instance, some of the accusers have emails from C.K. which contain apologies for his behavior.  I recommend reading the article on The NY Times website.  It’s shocking.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Production on the film was finished, so at least everyone got paid.  The only ones who will lose out will be the studio and/or producers who invested in the film.  

The people who have contracts that include a percentage of the box office ect are going to effected. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

The people who have contracts that include a percentage of the box office ect are going to effected. 

That wouldn’t be relevant in a small, independently produced film like this.  Hollywood stars and directors will often negotiate a box office percentage in contracts for big movies or opt out of a salary and take a box office percentage alone.  That just doesn’t happen in indies.  Really the person who stands to lose the most here is C.K., because he is not only the director, star, writer, and one of the producers of the film, his own production company, Circus King, financed and shot it.  Like they say in the movie, The Producers:

Max: The two cardinal rules of producing are one: Never put your own money in the show.
Leo: And two?
Max: [yelling] Never put your own money in the show!

Apparently, C.K. didn’t see that one.  Karma?