Respected Contributor

Re: I Love Secrets and Lies!

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am enjoying it as well, however I think las season had more twists and turns, and kept you guessing a bit more. I do like this cast, and it is good, but last season's was better so far anyway to me. My mom is watching it as well and really likes it, but she never saw last season.  Juliette Lewis's character doesn't seem as on her game in this one, like she did last season. Last season she had the suspect really nervous, and she kept showing up when he least expected her to. I love her character, but feel it should be a bit expanded in this season...All in all, I do like it!  

Juliette Lewis is barely in the show this year.  Last year she was the focus, this year she's just a minor co star.   So, that tension betweeen her and the suspect just isn't there,  we just see a cop interviewing a suspect but we don't see the the mental chess game that made last year's version so good.  I think it's probably different writers this year.   It's early, the show might get better.  We might see the return of that Juliette Lewis character that really made the show last year.  

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I love this show. I didn't realize that this was the 2nd season. I will have to go back and watch the first season. This is one of the best shows on TV.

@elated

First season is a completely different story which, so far, I liked better.  The detective remains the same though.  It's just another case for her in this season.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I love Michael Ealy!!!!! Oh yeah, and the show!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SoftRain wrote:

I love Michael Ealy!!!!! Oh yeah, and the show!Woman Happy

Staring at his baby blues & hearing his sexy voice...."If you want to arrest me, come & get me"

attachment.gif

I want to have his babies!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Another good show last night!!

I am a little confused as to what crime Liam really committed before Kate gave him the job. They spoke so fast that I missed it.

Frequent Contributor

@Colliegirls

He took money from an old woman saying it was for a charity that turned out to be fake.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@colliegirls

Liam looks & sounded like the son from The Good Wife.  I wonder if they are the same actors?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@colliegirls

Liam looks & sounded like the son from The Good Wife.  I wonder if they are the same actors?

Yes, he is.

Honored Contributor

I liked the first season so much better.  I feel in this one, they are trying too hard.  As it progresses, there seems to be so much disjointed information.  Almost like, well, we better keep adding stuff in to try and keep it interesting.  Add this in about her, stick this in about him.  Hmmm... let's see, what can we put in about her..  Now, how can we put some dirt and lies in about him.  It just is seeming very contrived to me.  It does not flow like the first season did.  The characters are starting to be so unbelievable.  It's getting to be more like a soap opera type plot.  Oh, well.  I will keep watching, I guess.  But I definitely think it is going down hill.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Other than both seasons are about a murder, there is not much to compare, they are so different.  The only consistent character in both is Cornell.  They are portraying more this season about what makes her tick. I really have enjoyed both seasons.