Honored Contributor

Oh rubbish!!!  WHY isn't this much longer!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Finished Bridgerton!

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG , I know and the worst part is that it will be another year before the next one ! 😡 I love Benedict and Sophie's story, so I hope they go in order.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG 

I'm reading the series ... and really enjoying the books.  Now I wonder if the tv series could be nearly as good.  

Honored Contributor

I just recently watched season one and was smitten.....then I started the second season and just was not as interested....the character development of the Duke's background was fascinating and seemed lacking in the next season.  Maybe I'll give another try....I really didn't want the story to end. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do not have NETFLIX anymore, but when I have a break, when I can binge watch I plan on joining for about a month,  there are a few shows that I wish to view. This being one of them.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus 

I really liked it.  Bridgerton isn't Downton, no one can top Downton, though!

I wanted the story to go on and on.....

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVED both seasons !!  It is interesting, funny and a lovely story ...  can't wait for more !!  What will happen to Ms. Whistledown, Penelope and the Featherington family ....  and The Queen isn't happy !!  

Respected Contributor

It's not a bad show. Once you have read the book first ( I didn't ) it doesn't always transfer appropriately. If I read the book first and then watch the film I notice some details will be missed. It's a well done period piece..
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@icezeus 

I really liked it.  Bridgerton isn't Downton, no one can top Downton, though!

@ECBG  You must have never seen Upstairs, Downstairs.  That series ran for 4-5 years.  Downton is/was the contuatioin of Upstairs, Downstairs.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I just recently watched season one and was smitten.....then I started the second season and just was not as interested....the character development of the Duke's background was fascinating and seemed lacking in the next season.  Maybe I'll give another try....I really didn't want the story to end. 

@phoenixbrd 

I am currently reading about Simon and Daphne, which was the first season of the show.  The actor who played Simon added a LOT to the first season, I'm told.