Respected Contributor

Re: I JUST HAVE TO VENT -- JEOPARDY

So far, I think they have all done a good job.  Each has pluses and minuses.  I don't think any so far is unwatchable for the long haul. I guess Oz is my least favorite but he is doing ok as far as I'm concerned.  

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

I really had no objection to Dr. Oz. 

I did objected to Katie Couric because of some of her very biased opinions.  I could go into detail, but my post would be removed.  I also emailed ABC citing those reasons.  Didn't do any good, but I felt better.  I removed Jeopardy from my DVR for those 2 weeks when she was on and will do the same when Anderson Cooper hosts.

ETA Savannah Guthrie (sp) is another Jeopardy guest host I will not watch or tape.

I have no idea what you're referring to about her biased opinions because I never watched her when she was on other shows, and I didn't see any opinions on Jeopardy. It's Katie's voice that grates on my nerves, and I've never considered her more than a fluff type personality on TV. Dr. Oz doesn't bother me. It's hard to replace someone who has been on a show so long, and I can't really say I was a huge Trebec fan. I do have the greatest admiration for the way he chose to face cancer head on and for not giving up and retreating to confinement to await death. I am sure he did not feel well the last year of his life, but he showed up every day and continued to live that life till the end.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

NO to Dr. Oz, Ken Jennings, Katie Couric, Savannah Guthrie or Anderson Cooper...all ruinous to Jeopardy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove wrote:

NO to Dr. Oz, Ken Jennings, Katie Couric, Savannah Guthrie or Anderson Cooper...all ruinous to Jeopardy!

I think so far Ken Jennings is the best. Yes to Ken! Oh, and I'm am anxious to see Aaron Rodgers. Don't know or care what his political views are!

Honored Contributor

Burton is too old and in no time they would have to do another search for a replacement.

Honored Contributor

How can a person know that a certain guest host will do a bad job before their episodes have aired? 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Burton is too old and in no time they would have to do another search for a replacement.

@occasionalrain  I think 64 is still doable.  😊  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Valued Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

So far, I think they have all done a good job.  Each has pluses and minuses.  I don't think any so far is unwatchable for the long haul. I guess Oz is my least favorite but he is doing ok as far as I'm concerned.  

So far, Ken Jennings has been my least favorite. I heard a suggestion somewhere that Mike Rowe might be a good host, and I would like to see him give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

So far, Ken Jennings has been my least favorite. I heard a suggestion somewhere that Mike Rowe might be a good host, and I would like to see him give it a try.

He might be too busy with his new show on Discovery+ channel, "Six Degrees with Mike Rowe".

Respected Contributor

I want to add that I'm so tired of Amal swaying back and forth.  I hope we've seen the last of him.

This swaying is a more recent phenomenon.  Back in the day, the contestants stood still but now most of the seem to have ants in their pants.