Respected Contributor

Re: I JUST HAVE TO VENT -- JEOPARDY

@Zernia Rose wrote:

I don't care who the host is as long as the show is not "dummied down."  I thought the current champ might have a speech impediment such as a stutter (correct me if impediment is not the correct descripter) and the delay allowed him to control his vocalizations.

I would love to see Levar Burton and can't wait to see Anderson Cooper, Aaron Rodgers, and Bill Whitaker (although he is restrained in his vocal pacings on 60 Minutes).

This is my feeling too about Levar Burton too .. when I first heard his name

mentioned I was intrigued .. but would love to see him guest host just

to be sure ....I think he's a class act ....

Honored Contributor

Nobody is ever going to be able to fill Alex's shoes -- no matter who they are.  Nobody will ever measure up - period.  I don't watch the show any more.  As far as Dr. Oz, he doesn't bother me.  I would not think he would be the best choice.  Katie Kouric --- ugh --- can't stand her.  There has to be far better choices.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:
We also noticed the defending champion takes a long time to give the question. I think he is making sure before he blurts out something that may be incorrect. I agree it is very annoying, as is Dr Oz.

@MamaWick 

ITA!!! Amal took so long I'm surprised they got finished with all the questions....  And wasn't impressed with Dr. Oz either....he was better than Katie Couric though..

Im in the Ken Jennings camp....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic.

Respected Contributor

Dr. Oz isn't bothering me, but I agree about that contestant taking so long.  I noticed during that GOAT tournament, that Ken was doing the same thing most of the time. I think they just want to be the first to buzz in, and have enough confidence that they'll come up with the answer in time. But it is annoying.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I am sure many will disagree and that's perfectly OK but  I just have to say: Dr. Oz is getting on my last nerve to the point I had to turn on Closed Captioning as I just can't listen to that dead, wooden, fake voice of his one more second! 

And the current champ Amal takes forever to answer. I know, that's petty!

Thank you. Vent over.

Amal better get with the program!!  so annoying......

Respected Contributor

Just my 2¢.... I agree with some of the others that suggest LeVar Burton would be a great host of the show.  He checks off all the boxes.  He is intelligent, great presence in front of and behind the camera, experience with game shows as was evident when he was the celebrity contestant on $25,000 & $100,000 Pyramids and seemingly very likeable.  

And while he may have big shoes to fill, it is doable.  Just look at The Price is Right.  Many thought that Bob Barker was irreplaceable, but Drew Carey seems to be holding his own just fine.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

Just my 2¢.... I agree with some of the others that suggest LeVar Burton would be a great host of the show.  He checks off all the boxes.  He is intelligent, great presence in front of and behind the camera, experience with game shows as was evident when he was the celebrity contestant on $25,000 & $100,000 Pyramids and seemingly very likeable.  

And while he may have big shoes to fill, it is doable.  Just look at The Price is Right.  Many thought that Bob Barker was irreplaceable, but Drew Carey seems to be holding his own just fine.  

@SloopJohnB 

That's true what you said about the Price Is Right....I thought no one could replace Bob Barker....but Drew is doing just fine.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Just my opinion...................I think it's great we can all express our feelings!  I've enjoyed some subs more than others for various reasons which I will not go in to!

If the permanent replacement (no one can fill his shoes) is someone well-known, there will always be a faction that is not happy.

I would like to see some "unknowns" give the job a shot.  I think Alex would love to see someone given the opportunity ~ what a boost to a person's career!

Of course, there will still be some unhappy with the choice, but it won't be for preconceived reasons ~

Esteemed Contributor

So far, Mike Richards and Ken Jennings are my favs.