Respected Contributor

Re: I JUST HAVE TO VENT -- JEOPARDY

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

NO to Dr. Oz, Ken Jennings, Katie Couric, Savannah Guthrie or Anderson Cooper...all ruinous to Jeopardy!

I think so far Ken Jennings is the best. Yes to Ken! Oh, and I'm am anxious to see Aaron Rodgers. Don't know or care what his political views are!

@proudlyfromNJ   Do not know who Aaron Rodgers is, and what does political views have to do with it?

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@DearPrudence wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

So far, I think they have all done a good job.  Each has pluses and minuses.  I don't think any so far is unwatchable for the long haul. I guess Oz is my least favorite but he is doing ok as far as I'm concerned.  

So far, Ken Jennings has been my least favorite. I heard a suggestion somewhere that Mike Rowe might be a good host, and I would like to see him give it a try.

He might be too busy with his new show on Discovery+ channel, "Six Degrees with Mike Rowe".

@deepwaterdotter  Like the idea of Mike Rowe, he has a great personality and sense of humor!

Honored Contributor

Dr Oz is very dry for sure. I liked the 2nd guy, one of the producers I think. Katie Curic was good too I thought.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Katie Couric was fabulous!  So was Ken Jennings.  Dr Oz was fine.  I look forward to Savannah.  It's only a silly, entertaining game show.

@Johnnyeager- I've never seen Jeopardy as a silly game show. There are many others to choose from, but Jeopardy has always been at the top of intelligent and interesting shows, hosted by the very best!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Burton is too old and in no time they would have to do another search for a replacement.

@occasionalrain- that sounds so funny. Last time I saw LeVar Burton he was a teenager on Roots, and now he's too old.

Boy I must be really getting old!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala 

It's even worse remembering a child's birth as a couple of years ago only to receive a graduation announcement in the mail.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal, back in the olden days the contestants sat.

No matter who eventually is named host, there will be a segment of viewers, and non-viewers, that will disagree with the choice.

Did anyone bat an eye when Alex replaced Art Fleming? I know I didn't. I watch for the game, not the host.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids I have been disappointed in the hosts since Alex passed.  Those are some big shoes to fill and I can not think of anyone that will suffice.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Just another phoney spinoff from the Oprah conga line.  And she's the worst of them all.  I haven't watched Jeopardy since Alec has been gone.  No one can fill his shoes.

I don't agree with you at all about Oprah  , but that was too funny about the Conga line. I understand your feelings though , Dr Phil  and Dr Oz.