Honored Contributor

I JUST HAVE TO VENT -- JEOPARDY

[ Edited ]

I am sure many will disagree and that's perfectly OK but  I just have to say: Dr. Oz is getting on my last nerve to the point I had to turn on Closed Captioning as I just can't listen to that dead, wooden, fake voice of his one more second! 

And the current champ Amal takes forever to answer. I know, that's petty!

Thank you. Vent over.

Contributor

Re: I JUST HAVE TO VENT -- JEOPARDY

I totally agree with you on Dr. Oz. Big no-no! 

Trusted Contributor

I can't stand Dr. Oz. I saw on the news that many loyal fans are boycotting this next 2 weeks because is he guest hosting.  Apparently they feel he considered a "quack doctor" because, according to a medical investigation, half of the medical info. he gave out on his show was false. He has also made false claims about covid. (This is per the news segment).  Alex was a very honest, truthful man. 

Esteemed Contributor

We also noticed the defending champion takes a long time to give the question. I think he is making sure before he blurts out something that may be incorrect. I agree it is very annoying, as is Dr Oz.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Just another phoney spinoff from the Oprah conga line.  And she's the worst of them all.  I haven't watched Jeopardy since Alec has been gone.  No one can fill his shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

Please just give this job to Ken Jennings!

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids   I agree totally about Dr. Oz.  He's not as bad as Amal though.

The pause he takes before answering IS annoying. I really liked the producer of Jeopardy, when he was hosting.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really had no objection to Dr. Oz. 

I did objected to Katie Couric because of some of her very biased opinions.  I could go into detail, but my post would be removed.  I also emailed ABC citing those reasons.  Didn't do any good, but I felt better.  I removed Jeopardy from my DVR for those 2 weeks when she was on and will do the same when Anderson Cooper hosts.

ETA Savannah Guthrie (sp) is another Jeopardy guest host I will not watch or tape.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@roxxy1 I rarely dislike a contestant but I was hoping Amal would lose. I really don't think I can watch until he's gone.

I DVR this so until Amal is gone I'll just FF to the end for Final.

Esteemed Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:

Please just give this job to Ken Jennings!

@BeckiWV- I agree. Ken is the best of the bunch, although Michael Richards was very good too. I just like Ken the best, and it appears that he was Alex's choice as well.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett