Super Contributor

Re: I Have Something To Confess.....Am I The Only One Who Does This?

Funny. We all have quirks.
Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 annabellethecat said:

Tink, you're taking my post way too seriously. What I wanted to know is if others (those who watch a lot of TV like I do, or just enjoy TV, like I do) stop watching something that's been DVR'd because they didn't like the way it was going.

Also, sometimes I don't go back to finish watching it. I simply wondered if others here do or have done that.

If more was read into it, then I'm obviously an even worse communicator than I though.

Sorry, Annabelle, but I honestly didn't get the impression you were being silly ...... and to answer your question, No ..... I Fast Forward ..... or just delete.

I rarely watch anything in real time .... that way, I can watch an hour show in 46 minutes by FF-ing through the commercials. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

Not really about someone dying, but I will wait to watch something if I'm not ready to cry over something sad. I do FF or turn off/skip over stuff I think will be too gross - mostly if they are going to EAT something gross. Like in the Amazing Race or survivor comps where they have to gack down nasty stuff. Or some movies where they eat a bug, raw eggs, whatever. I just cant...*shudder*. Pause quick. Fast forward...stop. cover my ears. When my son was younger I left the room and told him to call me back when it was over.

Honored Contributor

I agree Tink about how it shortens the show. truth, I'm like that too. I walk out of the room or cover my eyes.

My late husband used to make fun of me because he'd say, "You can sit and watch someone beat each other to death but if someone even 'thinks' about hurting any animal, you change the channel". True, I'm guilty of all of that.

Once there was a movie called "Hildago" about a horse. I started watching it but at some point they do a close up of the horse and it has a tear in it's eye (or I thought it was a tear). I thought they were going to hurt the horse! I stopped the movie, but didn't take it back (it was when Blockbuster was around).

My late husband came home from a business trip and I had to beg him to watch the movie past where I thought the horse was hurt (I wanted to see how it ended).

He finally told me the horse wasn't hurt. I got teased about that forever.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I get it. Characters and plots are so well written that it draws us in. I do it a little differently. I also DVR a lot and FF. Lately, I've lost interest in a few shows I've watched for several seasons.... stop recording....get curious when I read TV posts, and go On Demand to catch up. I'm back watching Scandal and find it going in an interesting direction. I haven't picked up Gray's Anatomy again. I don't know why.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

You know what Annabelle? You just made me think of a couple of movies where I did exactly what you are talking about. when you mentioned your hubs talking about hurting an animal.. I'm like that. I paused and came back on two deaths in movies, but they were dogs. I knew they were coming, and just couldn't bear it. I did eventually finish the movies.. One was that Marley and Me.

the other was a foreign movie called The Wall. That movie was not what I expected it to be at all..I was expecting a spooky supernatural movie based on the description, but I found it to be very fascinating...the woman trapped all alone with just her thoughts. And the dog... From some of the monologue in the movie, you know that dog isn't going to be there at the end, you just don't know when or how... so a lot of the time I was dreading when that beautiful animal was going to go. I paused that movie more than once and boo-hooed, came back only to find out that wasn't the time and I had to do it over again. LOL.

It's the sad animal scenes that get me too.