Honored Contributor

Re: I Have No Interest In Any Shows Starting

Retooled reboots to meet today's agenda, game shows, reality shows, amatuer hour shows, dating shows and the same formulaic 'procedurals', why would I have any iteresting in network fare. It's pitiful.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I've started to record, but not gone in to see yet, is the newer version of the old show, when the man would travel and be someone else, male or female.  If I think of the name, I'll be back.  Quantom Leap.

Honored Contributor

I watched the premiere of Quantum Leap Reboot. It wasn't very good. I'll give it another shot but if it's still not good then it gets deleted.

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched the third and final episode of America and the Holocaust. It was painful to watch on many levels but I promised my best friend I'd watch. She lost most of her family in Europe and she wanted as many people to watch as she could ask. It was an excellent program, meticulously researched. It was a cautionary tale.

On a much lighter note, there are 4 series that I'll return to this year, Outlander, Mrs Maisel, All Creatures Great and Small, and Feed Phil. I will fill in with TCM's old movies, reruns of Law and Order and Seinfeld, and news. I've been reading a lot more because there isn't much on TV that interests me.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - I'm with you! I remember at one time how excited everyone would get about the upcoming season and the new shows. 

This is Us is over, they canceled Schooled, and it's not looking good for another season (after this one) of The Goldbergs. Don't Forget the Lyrics and Beat Shazam are over for the season 

I saw your post about a remake of Quantum Leap @SilleeMee , and got excited, then saw that you weren't crazy about it. 

I'm out a lot of nights. I've started DVR'ing Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie to watch later, and I do watch shows on other channels (not main networks). Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I'm looking forward to the return of "Abbott Elementary".  Happy to see it receive recognition at the Emmys.

I love that show and watched episode 1 the other night.  So glad they renewed it.   It is the only regular broadcast show that I watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel the same way only i feel it is because the PTB at these networks  stopped creating/filiming or continuing any of the successful shows that were shown before the pandemic and gone basicially to the cheaper side by putting stupid games shows and gameshow remakes and talk shows hosted by bad out of work actors and there have only been a handful of new shows to choose from.