Respected Contributor

Re: I Have Attention Span of A Gnat Anymore..

People, I am so turned off by TV I am down to CNNI and The Science Channel.  Pathetic.

I have Amazon Prime.  Would someone out there give me a couple sentences about how to get it off my computer and onto my TV?  Just the short version would be great.

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m repeating myself from other posts, but I also find it difficult to concentrate on television. I’m always also on my phone or computer. This is fine for some shows or movies. But I haven’t seen any of the Oscar nominated films because they require more focus (so much easier to do in theaters!!) I have the last two episodes of Beartown on my DVR and I’m bummed about it because, even though I think is excellent,it’s in a foreign language and I need to READ what’s going on!!
Honored Contributor

I don't have any desire to turn on the tv for months!  

I turn it on around 10 and now, nothing on Food Network, HGTV or any other channel with shows interest me.  I want good ole tv shows -- the sitcoms are ridiculous and many things they find funny I don't, the political correctness in the eyes of the TV shows is over the top & worse, my 9 yr old gd watches shows and my🙄🙄🙄🙄 is so bad they should roll out of myhead!!!  the content is certainly not   IMO appropriate fora 9 year old. 

, spouse wants an 85 inch Bravia Sony TV he talks about it every minute of every day where is gonna put it how nice it's going to work and more keep in mind he has a 75 TV  ... and aren't I lucky he's he's going to take that TV and put it in my TV area ... Told him no I don't want it by somebody else nobody needs a bigger TV in the same house I have a 65 and I'm just happy as a war

Esteemed Contributor

I like many of the series on Ovation. I watched The Fall, Crossing Lines, Luther and now Cracked.  I like some of the shows on CW; Bulletproof (it is on Mondays). 

I am disappointed in Chicago PD since they have taken it political. I use to like Hank Voight's character but that has been so dumbed down. Why do they have to ruin good shows. I think watching network shows has become intolerable(ABC, NBC, CBS).

Respected Contributor

I hear you,  I've started and not finished so many programs. I used to like tv.

You might try subscribing to a different streaming service. PBS is fairly inexpensive, about $6 a month. Also switch to documentaries for a while. Or find something else to do in the evenings. We can be outside later now, taking a walk or whatever, now that it's light later.