Honored Contributor

I Have An Idea For A TV Show!

It's always bothered me that the lead of a TV show will never die.  They get shot at but seldom ever get shot.  We watch week after week and KNOW they will not get killed.

Here's my idea.  Have a show where every week (or other week) there is a new star.  The story line will run about 2 episodes and it will be a drama/mystery.  You won't know who the killer is or who will die.

I sit through Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise) movie.  I know he isn't going to die and will come out smelling like a rose (which he does).  It takes the mystery out of it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I Have An Idea For A TV Show!

They're called miniseries.

Honored Contributor

I'm waiting for J Reacher 2 to come to my cable line up on demand.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I like the idea behind it.  It's bugging me now because I can't think of the show but there was a show once that killed off a lead character without press leaks or spoilers getting out and it was very effective.  There's so much publicity saturating everything it's hard to surprise viewers anymore.

I just would change it so the person doesn't die every two weeks but that main characters die and are replaced and there's no predicting when!  So few shows genuinely surprise us anymore.

(This Is Us is an exception and I know you agree, pal!!!)

If anyone can think of the show that killed off a main character seemingly out of the blue -- TIA!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

It's bugging me now because I can't think of the show but there was a show once that killed off a lead character without press leaks or spoilers getting out and it was very effective.  There's so much publicity saturating everything it's hard to surprise viewers anymore.

@LoriLori

The Good Wife--> "Will Gardner?"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

All In The Family--->Edith Bunker

Honored Contributor

Thats a great idea

I would like them to do live plays the way they used to. Lee Radziwell JKO sister ,once appeared in one. She did an Ok job too

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

It's bugging me now because I can't think of the show but there was a show once that killed off a lead character without press leaks or spoilers getting out and it was very effective.  There's so much publicity saturating everything it's hard to surprise viewers anymore.

@LoriLori

The Good Wife--> "Will Gardner?"

@Mz iMac, thanks!  But I've never seen "The Good Wife."  It isn't a show that's current.  I don't know how long ago it was.  Appreciate if the guesses keep on coming LOL because it's really bugging me.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Thats a great idea

I would like them to do live plays the way they used to. Lee Radziwell JKO sister ,once appeared in one. She did an Ok job too

@cherry

The live plays are shown on your local PBS station.  Yesterday, I watched Gypsy which is currently running in London.

Another one our local PBS has shown is the play version of Sister Act.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori How about Game of Thrones?  They killed off so many lead characters it became a joke.  When they killed off Jon Snow every went crazy and they HAD to bring him back.

Also, if  you think about it Boardwalk killed off a major character, and (as mentioned) The Good Wife.

Here's something similar ..... but different:

Now this is subjective (subjective meaning in this case, perhaps the reader might not agree that it was their fault)

TR Knight - Grey's Anatomy

Charlie Sheen - Two and a half men

Shannon Dogherty - Charmed

Larry Gelbert - Mash

Josh Charles - The Good Wife

Jay Thomas - Cheers

Isaac Hayes - South Park

Patrick Dempsey - Greys AnatomyMichelle Rodrequez & Cynthia Waltros - Lost

Dan Stevens - Downton Abbey

Kal Penn - House

Michael Pitt - Boardwalk

Mischa Barton- The O.C

OK, I cheated.  If you want to know the theory on WHY they were killed off go here:

https://www.clipd.com/tv/13193/13-times-tv-shows-have-killed-off-characters-because-of-the-actors-wh...