Honored Contributor

Re: I Found Another Thing Wrong With The New Forum

Under the old system without the hearts, the posts people replied to most often were always near the top of the list.  In fact, one of the ways I used to assess a thread was by how many replies it had; no replies for 3 hours meant no one much cared;  2000 replies meant it was an old thread and probably no longer had anything to do with its title, etc.

I have been trying to wean myself from the forums, so I haven't tried a whole lot of reading or posting this first week, but someone needs to tell me how the hearts make the new forum listing different from people replying or just bumping threads to the top.

By the way -  I do like having recipes separate from kitchen and handbags separate from shoes along the left list.  Also I like having pets separated out.  --  Some of the new board is better for me than the old one, but I still don't really understand really well how it works.

And over the bext few weeks I'm just not going to have Forum time.  Wonder what things will be like when I return.    Have fun, everyone!

Honored Contributor

there nothing wrong with pointing out something you don.t like. as longas it id peppered with what you do like.

Respected Contributor

I am learning I don't know how long it will stick, but every thing now days has to be couch in PC, or feeling get hurt, and some word are like buzz words no matter how it is used...

Instead of using the negative word WRONG

I realized a few things are troubling is there some way it could be rectified?:

Annabel I think as a whole this tread is engaging and thoughtful and really not grumpy at all,  each one just trying to make this place as comfortable as possible

Honored Contributor

java, I did figure out though why they messed with the HTML (my tiny brain....which is probably wrong....but).

It is more difficult to insert other symbols when trying to substitute words.  I can even show an example of what i mean.

I saw on here where someone said we users need to make sure our virus scans are up to date.  I took all of my computers to my son-in-law today to have him check everything.  He owns a computer security company and really knows his 'stuff'.

He said I had not picked up any virus' and he'd set up my computer so that it automatically updates anyway.  phew!  Good news!

I was a warm body at my daughter's house while she and her husband went to the Kennedy Center to see "The Book of Mormon".  They said it was pretty much like potty mouth and South Park (which I think are the writers, maybe).  They didn't hate it but said there were many, many old people there who weren't too happy about the words used, etc.  She said it was as if they didn't know what they were going to see.  Ha!  i know something of it and know it must have been a shock to them!  My daughter and son-in-law are in their early 40's.

Their 4 children pretty much watch themselves.  They are very intelligent (they go to gifted schools, but aren't brats).  She wanted me there because the baby is 3 and didn't want to leave the children with him (or vice-versa...Ha).  I just layed on the couch and watched "Agent Carter".  Easy.

i agree with you java.  i think everyone here is very nice.  it's nice to get different points of view.  I do miss though how easy it was to go to our TV shows.  i have a feeling I'm missing something here.  I admit it I hate change.

I miss seeing some of your good posts.  it's as if you've kind of given up some....i hope not.....

Respected Contributor

What else would one expect from South Park they always been naughty...  know what they say you saw the show....     now read the Book... https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng

I am like you because they ran all of the topics together it is too hard to fine the things we like and the shows, I am sure the Movie and Book people feel the same way this has been ruin....  As I look to the left I see every one in single title so something does not add up....

We are not all alike...  it is not one size fit all... 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@javala wrote:

I keep getting bump off  at least I did not get the red flash...

I lost my last post  I said it was ALL the more reason that each of the topics should have their own space for TV, Movies , and books I also miss the view count and the old spell check which was good for someone like me...

The spell check is still there. It is on the top ribbon an ABC with a check mark under it. This happens when you click REPLY.

Honored Contributor

I think they conclude that some of these other websites like Facebook are wildly successful, so if they copy them, they will have a good forum. 

Respected Contributor

Do they remove most of the links to other websites? It seems like they. I haven't tried to post any yet.

What makes me unhappy about not having the book thread is I remember the qvc moderators making a big to do to the 2 main posters who made the most requests to get the book forum about how happy qvc was to add the book forum. Those board monitors just couldn't stop gushing over how pleased they were to add it. Would it have been to hard to do it when they added the favorite brand forums?
Respected Contributor

Thank you Nutmeg

I know it is there but in the past as soon as you missed spelled it highlited being dyslexic I assume if it did not underline I am good to go...

I am also visual challenge so it not always that easy to catch my spelling error...

Esteemed Contributor

No separate forum for just movies and books.  The television soaps take up all the page. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust