Honored Contributor

Re: I Found Another Thing Wrong With The New Forum

What does the “Heart” mean? How do I “Heart” a post?

The “Heart” is a way for you to let another Community member know that you like their post. You can “Heart” a post by clicking on the “Heart” icon at the bottom of their post.

This is what QVC says in answering the questions.  That is NOT what the person told me.

I typed, "How can I see a variety of subjects with the most recent ones beginning on the first page".

The person typed the topics with the most hearts means that is the subject matter most people are interested in so that will come up first.

I said, "So something that might be posted sooner might be later down on the pages, like 2, 3 and so on?  What if I don't like those subjects.?"

I said, "I'm looking at the front page and some are posted 2 minutes ago (subjects I mean) and some are 2 hours ago.  Then when I go to page 2 or 3 I might find some that were posted 3 or so minutes ago.

She/he apologized several times that it was so messed up and said I was right.  Maybe I didn't make it clear but they specifically said they understood it is very different from the way it was and until one gets used to it it is going to be difficult.

That's what I was told the purpose of the hearts were.  I said, "It seems like the hearts are a popularity process.  She/he apologized that I was unhappy.

I'm telling you what the person on the other end of the computer told me.  

Initially I thought it mean that you liked the person's post and actually that is what it means but (in my opinion) not necessarily in a good way, it's more of a popularity contest.

So, based on what I copied and posted it is true.  It is based on the number of people who post on the subjects, but that's why some are as old as 3 or more hours old in the front page.  Am I wrong?

Honored Contributor

When you click on "view all forum topics" (which the person said was the way to get the variety of posts) like I used to be able to look at the timing is very different.

In the old QVC forum you saw the most recent topics and it changed minute to minute maybe 12,15 or more posts on the first page.  They were immediate according to the posts.

I used to complain because it was difficult to go back and respond to a post unless you did it quickly because the front paged changed so quickly.  You could respond but you'd have to remember the subject and go into it according to the subject.

Respected Contributor

Annab. I agree with you and no one thinks you are bullying CS I am sure.  The forums are for us, I assume, so why not try to let us be happy?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66,

The hearts have no bearing on the sequence of threads.  The hearts essentially are similar to the "like" option in Facebook, and they can help us in locating certain things but they're not a part of any thread sequencing process.

When I view it, the "main community page" -- which is what I think you mean by "front first page" and used to be called "View All Categories" -- (when we click on the word "Forums") is sorted by the date/time of last reply on the page.  The thread with the most recent response is the one at the top.

(When you go into various sub-forums, you can play around with your personal preferences and also the Options drop-down menu to the right of the "New Message" box above all the threads to have more of a customized sorting process.)

I  mean no offense to anyone but the "live chat" isn't the best source for technical information about the way the website works.  From what I've seen, they're more involved in the workings of the shopping side of the site and the quality of their answers to technical questions (especially those about the new forums) is dubious.

The moderators on the forums have suggested that we use their email address if we have questions.

I've seen a number of their posts, but here's a copy of one:

QVC Customer Care
Brittany-QVC

Hang in there! Please feel free to e-mail us at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com and we'll help you out anyway we can. Including a walk through if you'd like! Smiley Happy

Brittany Customer Care

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Do you have to sign in often?

Honored Contributor

javala wrote:

Do you have to sign in often?

@javala, The new forums appear to be requiring everyone to sign back in if they've had even a brief period of inactivity.  I'm guessing it's part of their enhanced security.  I have my browser set to remember the login info for the forums, so it's only one or two clicks if I notice I need to sign in again.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I get this often and many times had to go back in through the shopping Q than to blogs etc....  This page can’t be displayed

I had trouble loading url links than I learn you have click in r page and than hit OK.

Thank you DBD for letting me know I am not alone in log ins...

I like the red flash when I have moments going off on tangents of my frustration with the world...

But I was getting then when doing regular topics that were not controversial

Ha! I just got a red flash oh help.... LOL  can we use the word sex I think so I did not get flagged    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried some trial-and-error and I noticed this:

You can first choose "Forums" (their new replacement for "View All Categories").

Then, at the top of that page (above the words "Recent Forum Posts") select "View All Forum Topics."

Then, above all the threads you'll see the words "View By" with a tiny down-arrow.

That down-arrow menu allows you to sort the threads "By Topic" or "By Post."  

That appears to sort either by the date/time the original thread was started or the date/time the last response was posted.

I don't use that "general forum" often so I'm experimenting with it and I don't even know which types of threads are included there.  But I hope this gives us something to look at and work with.

Honored Contributor

@javala, Regarding the "red flash" for certain words...  they seem to have new "filters" and are allowing words and letter sequences their software didn't allow before.  However, that doesn't mean some words/sequences/phrases won't be considered violations of their standards.  (Also, I'll be curious to see if they start adding things to the filters and we start seeing warnings again before a post can be published.)

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

When you click on "view all forum topics" (which the person said was the way to get the variety of posts) like I used to be able to look at the timing is very different.

In the old QVC forum you saw the most recent topics and it changed minute to minute maybe 12,15 or more posts on the first page.  They were immediate according to the posts.

I used to complain because it was difficult to go back and respond to a post unless you did it quickly because the front paged changed so quickly.  You could respond but you'd have to remember the subject and go into it according to the subject.

Yes,  I liked tthe hat a lot. It was quite dynamic and there were added details that you could see at a glance.

I've been trying the sorting as others have mentioned but it's still not quite working for me. I'll keep at it in case new changes have been made that I've missed.