Respected Contributor

I just don't understand all these supposedly intelligent folks (there's been a few men, too) who keep falling for these online peeps on dating sites that say they're trapped in a foreign country & need help to get home & claim their millions of dollars & send them thousands of dollars on gift cards!  They must live in a cave somewhere if they've never heard of these scams, which are usually originating from Nigeria.  I wonder what percentage of the incomes in Nigeria are from these crooks set up in an internet cafe somewhere?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@SharkE  Thank you for the detailed update!  I really wanted to see who this last boyfriend was, John Shaw may be his name but I can't remember for sure.

She was the most irritating person I have seen on that show in a while.  No I can't get with all the topics on Dr. Phil either.  Some are entertaining some hurt my heart.  Shelly Duvall was tragic.  I was hoping for an update on her that showed her to be mentally healthy.  I'm fond of her as an actress.

If he is not "your cup of tea" great but please don't insult us who do enjoy a show now and then.  We must have a lot of company because he is still on. 

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any insulting.

Many of us have said we don't like Dr. Phil.  We're free to say that, just as you're free to say that you do. Our dislike of Dr. Phil doesn't translate to insulting those of you who like him.  We're simply expressing our opinion.  About him, not about you.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Can't Watch Dr. Phil

[ Edited ]

She apoligized to me it wasn't me who said that. First few people who posted did.    message 28

I like Dr. Phil he's getting too commercial 'my wife Robin has this new skin care line and your all going home with free samples'.   "my son Jay has developed this and that"   'app this, app that'.

I think he's better then that airhead Kelly Ripka and that over hyped sidekick of hers. to many game shows on too. I don't have time to sit down all that much anyway, so, don't watch much daytime TV. My one soap is showing OLD, OLD shows from the 70's I could care less. Half of them are dead now and the other had been fired. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Can't Watch Dr. Phil

[ Edited ]

I hardly ever watch his show!!  But lately, I have been clicking thru channels and have stopped on his show on the Own channel!!  Repeats, but some are interesting!! Don't know that I could see him as a true psych consultant, but the show can be entertaining and a distraction from the news.

I often wonder though, are these cases - being discussed and dissected - real??  So much of the drama seems to be artificial!!  So many of the clients seem to be lying right from the start!!  And the 'supportive' family and 

friends always seem to be caught by surprise??  Why do they think they are on the show??

Honored Contributor

This particular lady I felt had some mental issues.  She really didn't seem all there whether that was age or medication.  She's the first one I felt a little sorry for.  I don't think her competence was 100%.  

The others I have seen have just been ridiculous in not cutting obvious losses and learning a hard lesson.  

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@SharkEHi, that last part wasn't for you sorry.  It was for the cyber friends that Don't like Dr. Phil Heart  I appreciated your thoughtful update!

@Jackhound Mom   How is not liking Dr. Phil an insult to you?

It isn't about YOU.  It's about Dr. Phil.

Certainly you have expressed dislike of celebrities elsewhere but I wouldn't say you insulted other posters.

I wasn't away that standards here dictate we must all agree.

Sheesh.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3I remember you from way back with Gloria Jean.  You might even be one of the many posters that I mailed gemstone bead jewelry to, can't remember it was so long ago.

Anyway, you DID miss earlier posts!  I'm always happy to entertain comments that agree with me or not.  Some have been removed so yours doesn't really apply to my point.

My program is habitually taken over by our Govenor, here in AZ.  That is the whole point to this thread.

Whether one likes or dislikes Dr. Phil is irrelivent to me but many threads go off topic here.  Some just don't read the whole post or are quick to make a comment that they "think" the post is about.  Mine was NOT about Dr. Phil.  This could have been about any one of my favorite shows. 

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@SharkEHi, that last part wasn't for you sorry.  It was for the cyber friends that Don't like Dr. Phil Heart  I appreciated your thoughtful update!

@Jackhound Mom   How is not liking Dr. Phil an insult to you?

It isn't about YOU.  It's about Dr. Phil.

Certainly you have expressed dislike of celebrities elsewhere but I wouldn't say you insulted other posters.

I wasn't away that standards here dictate we must all agree.

Sheesh.

FYI the 1 heart you got was from the person that was insulting and their post was removed.