Respected Contributor

I get really irked when my fav programs are interrupted or pre-empted for the bulletins of the day.  I was also going to suggest OWN.  I swear I think I've seen every episode of Dr. Phil except for maybe last year and this year.  I finally stopped watching him and went back to Judge Judy.

If I'm not interested in his topic of the day I don't watch.  I like the catfish stories best.  It always boggles my mind how people can send all their life savings to someone they have never even met all in the name of being in love.  Crazy!!!  imo

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

You're not missing much by not being able to watch "Dr" Phil.

He's a charlatan.

The station isn't going to do anything, because then someone else's show would be pre-empted, and it may be a show that they enjoy, and wouldn't want interrupted.

So, "Dr". Phil it is.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I can't watch Dr Phil either...never could.  Can't stand him.  😀

Me neither.  I actually thought that's what this thread was about.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@MamaWick wrote:

Me neither.  I actually thought that's what this thread was about.  Smiley Happy

Add me to the list -- that won't watch him anymore.  I liked him when he was on with Oprah and when he first had his show, it was helpful.  Now I just think he takes advantage of "train wrecks."

Respected Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Our govenor keeps making his announcments during our local channel 4 KVOA at the 3 pm slot. If he had any news I would think he would give it during the regular news hour.

I emailed the station but they have not given me an answer.  I consider that so rude.

I called the station and asked if they could show Dr. Phil at a later hour and didn't get an answer to that either.  There's not much going on here and one of my few pleasures is to watch that show.  Dang it!

@Jackhound Mom  I think we both live in SE AZ & I was watching part 3 of that catfished lady the other day & wanted to see how it ended, when ding-dong-ding, in pops Gov. Ducey to yak for the last 80% of the show.  It wouldn't be so bad if they'd say what they need to say & get off or if just the news reporters would be there & then they'd report on it on the news later. 

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Our govenor keeps making his announcments during our local channel 4 KVOA at the 3 pm slot. If he had any news I would think he would give it during the regular news hour.

I emailed the station but they have not given me an answer.  I consider that so rude.

I called the station and asked if they could show Dr. Phil at a later hour and didn't get an answer to that either.  There's not much going on here and one of my few pleasures is to watch that show.  Dang it!

@Jackhound Mom  I think we both live in SE AZ & I was watching part 3 of that catfished lady the other day & wanted to see how it ended, when ding-dong-ding, in pops Gov. Ducey to yak for the last 80% of the show.  It wouldn't be so bad if they'd say what they need to say & get off or if just the news reporters would be there & then they'd report on it on the news later. 

Amen!  I think that is the Only way he can get any of us to watch him!  Yes, I'm in Sierra Vista.  Hope we both can see part #3 of the show he jacked.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion about OWN, we don't have it on HULU but I will check out other options.

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@MamaWick wrote:

Add me to the list -- that won't watch him anymore.  I liked him when he was on with Oprah and when he first had his show, it was helpful.  Now I just think he takes advantage of "train wrecks."

I think he fabricates train wrecks, then enhances them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You can add me to the list of "No longer watches Dr. Phil"  (or Dr. Drew or Dr. Oz for that matter after their foolish segments on Faux news channel).   Seems to me Dr. Phil's show is just old. Same old, same old.  Catch phrases, send people off to the ranch for treatment, and then sell his books and podcasts, Robin sell her skincare line and her podcast. Haven't watched him in a while. Don't plan on going back. Don't miss the show at all. Better things to do with my time.

Respected Contributor

Count me as one who can't stand him!  Reason is the shows I see there's NO accountability for guests' horrible behavior.  I saw an ep where a girl in her late 20s with no job and living with her mom and was violent & abusive toward mom, and sponging off her.  The mom was genuinely afraid of her and should've kicked her out but didn't.  Dr. Phil ended up sending the girl to one of his country club mental facilities for some brain tests as he thought  her violent outbursts toward her mom was due to a brain disorder. He just coddled the spoiled violent girl and no thought to what mom was going through.