Respected Contributor

“I Can Only Imagine” movie

Impactful. Lots to think about.
Valued Contributor

Re: “I Can Only Imagine” movie

Have not seen this yet but looking forward to it.  My sister and my daughter and many friends have seen it and rave about it.  Have to go see it soon.

Honored Contributor

Just watched the trailer.  It captured my interest.

Respected Contributor

I was wondering who this is about?  They said it was a true story.

Super Contributor

I loved it!

@luvmybeetle There is a song by Mercy Me called I Can Only Imagine.  If you have Alexa, ask her to play it.  In the beginning of the movie the guy, Bart who wrote the song was being interviewed.  He said it only took him ten minutes to write the song.  The interviewer (Amy Grant?) then said but it really took you a lifetime to write.  Then the movie tells his life story which led him to write that BEAUTIFUL song.

Respected Contributor

@lizzyswrote:

I loved it!

@luvmybeetle There is a song by Mercy Me called I Can Only Imagine.  If you have Alexa, ask her to play it.  In the beginning of the movie the guy, Bart who wrote the song was being interviewed.  He said it only took him ten minutes to write the song.  The interviewer (Amy Grant?) then said but it really took you a lifetime to write.  Then the movie tells his life story which led him to write that BEAUTIFUL song.

Thank you

Respected Contributor

@ Lizzy E : beautifully explained. Thank you. I think acting was first rate.
Trusted Contributor

My husband and I saw it yesterday.  Glad I had some kleenex!  I thought Dennis Quaid did a very good job acting.  This is one of my favorite songs.  In fact we showed a video of Bart singing it at our son's memorial.  Everytime I hear that song on the radio I cry.  We were very fortunate to See Mercy Me in concert several times.

Esteemed Contributor

With so many people having rough childhoods, it's a delight to be aware of positive outcomes in their adults lives. Inspiring. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@Twins Mom wonderful movie. I have long loved Barts music,