Respected Contributor

Re: I Am Paul Walker Documentary

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched this last night, it was so sad, I liked that his siblings and mother contributed to the documentary by sitting down for interviews. Paul's two brothers ( Cody and Caleb) bear a striking resemblance to Paul. It seemed Paul wasn't interested in fame and fortune but would have been happier with a  more simpler life. The documentary never really mentioned his father ( there was an uncle with the last name Walker), I wonder if the father wasn't a part of his life?

@Jordan2  Paul's father was part of the documentary. I'll post a pic of what he looks like.  The documentary made it a little difficult to know "who was who," as the names were printed in smaller lettering on the screen (at least it seemed that way to me).  When I first saw him interviewed I could tell he was a relative (especially from the very similar blue eyes), but I didn't immediately know he was the father, until listening to the stories, and squinting to read the print on the screen.

Image result for paul walker's father

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 - I just watched it this morning and his father was interviewed and shown a few times, in addition to his other family members.

He was so good looking, kind hearted, generous and talented.  Such a shame to go at such a young age and a tragic loss for his daughter and family.

The first time I saw him was in a two part episode of Highway to Heaven about the Special Olympics.  I was so impressed with his performance and thought he really was a special needs child and not an actor.   Those two episodes are definitely worth watching if H T H is ever shown in reruns.

Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched this last night, it was so sad, I liked that his siblings and mother contributed to the documentary by sitting down for interviews. Paul's two brothers ( Cody and Caleb) bear a striking resemblance to Paul. It seemed Paul wasn't interested in fame and fortune but would have been happier with a  more simpler life. The documentary never really mentioned his father ( there was an uncle with the last name Walker), I wonder if the father wasn't a part of his life?

@Jordan2  Paul's father was part of the documentary. I'll post a pic of what he looks like.  The documentary made it a little difficult to know "who was who," as the names were printed in smaller lettering on the screen (at least it seemed that way to me).  When I first saw him interviewed I could tell he was a relative (especially from the very similar blue eyes), but I didn't immediately know he was the father, until listening to the stories, and squinting to read the print on the screen.

I'm mixed up then, I thought someone was his uncle.

Honored Contributor

I just watched this on the dvr. It was really good. I had no idea the kind of guy he was. I was crying with the family and friends! Such a good person and so generous and always thinking of other people and how he could help!  So many of the celebs let it go to their head and they are selfish and want everything to be about them.

He didnt want the good things publicized and all over the internet. What an amazing and beautiful person. Gone way too soon.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm mixed up then, I thought someone was his uncle.

His uncle was also interviewed. (I think he wore glasses, but I'd have to watch again to know for sure). As mentioned in my other post, for me it was a little hard to initially know "who was who" because of the print on screen, but I was watching on a smaller tv in my bedroom.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

This documentary showed me a side of Paul Walker I knew nothing about,  and I really enjoyed his story.  I see why his family and friends wanted to make a show for him as a tribute to the fine man he was. 

Honored Contributor

I missed it, hope it will be available on demand.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

I missed it as well....was so sad when he passed, so gorgeous....I loved him in that movie with the sled dogs, especially knowing he loved dogs in real life too....

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The REELZChannel did a documentary, in series called Collision Course, about his fatal accident. It was very interesting how it happened and what the investigators were able to find in the aftermath. Tragic. 

I watched that documentary. I thought it was very well done. 

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't seen any of the F&F movies but was so, so sad to hear that he'd died.  He sounded like such a good person. 

And as someone else said...so gorgeous.  Not that that matters, of course.

The only thing I know about the F&F franchise is this song, written after PW's unfortunate and untimely death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

I don't know if it's the words, the meaning, the circumstances...I'll admit I cry a little when I hear it.

Keepin' it real.