Honored Contributor

This documentary premieres on Sunday August 18 9:00 on Paramount Network on what would have been Patrick's 67th birthday. It is described (in TV Guide)  as a moving portrait that combines revealing conversations with Swayze's widow Lisa Niemi, and brother, Don, with warm remembrances from his costars. Road House's Sam Elliott will make you laugh and cry in the span of 60 seconds. I loved Patrick Swayze, he was taken way too soon, I'll be watching.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I loved him too, although I don't think I get that network.

As for his brother Don, I see him in some oldie TV shows such as Murder She Wrote and I have to do a double-take.  At least back then they looked like twins! (Don't know what he looks like now - please let me know if he still looks exactly like Patrick).

His wife Lisa has remarried.

Honored Contributor

Thanks.  I have this channel but don't look at it unless my tivo records a movie.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I liked him a lot.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Jordan2  I will watch for it. 

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder this airs on Sunday. I saw Patrick's wife Lisa on something ( I forget), she said his mother was physically and emotionally abusive to him until the age of 18 when Patrick's father said he would leave his wife if she didn't stop, she did.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Just a reminder this airs on Sunday. I saw Patrick's wife Lisa on something ( I forget), she said his mother was physically and emotionally abusive to him until the age of 18 when Patrick's father said he would leave his wife if she didn't stop, she did.

I heard this information on TODAY.

I've never heard of the network this special is on.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Am Patrick Swayze

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 @lulu1 @Pearley 

We do get Paramount network. It used to be

Spike Channel, if you are familiar with that.

Tons of action movies that my husband enjoys

more than me.

I was just thinking of Patrick last night. We had

on The Outsiders.

Honored Contributor

I hope Jennifer Grey is interviewed about working with him on Dirty Dancing.  He will always be Johnny Castle to me!!

Honored Contributor

I am going to watch this.  He was such a good actor and he is missed.

This show will also be on TV Land at the same time as Paramount.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller