Honored Contributor

I didn't get to watch it, but will watch for it On Demand! I really liked him a lot, and he seemed like a genuinely nice person!

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2I totally enjoyed the documentary on Patrick.  If only to be "Baby: in Dirty Dancing.  Be still my beating heart, he was a looker !!!

Honored Contributor

I thought this show was well done and I learned some things I didnt know about him. He was a beautiful man inside and out!   Very sad that he was gone too soon and it has been 10 years!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Jordan2   I didn't get a chance to watch it but my DVR is set to record it in less than an hour. Thanks.

@Tique  it was so well done, I think you will enjoy it. Patrick must have been so well liked by people who worked with him and for him, so many gave of their time to sit down for interviews. I think Patrick's widow Lisa is a class act, I hope she is happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Am Patrick Swayze

[ Edited ]

Oh, man!

I just watched it on 'On Demand', incredible documentary on Patrick Swayze.

I learned so much about him that I'd never heard before.

I'm at the end, after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, did a speech about it, then Lisa had his favorite horse do a 'bow down' to him outside his bedroom window.

She was incredible and certainly his rock, I have much respect for her.

I'm choking back tears.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Jordan2   I didn't get a chance to watch it but my DVR is set to record it in less than an hour. Thanks.

@Tique  it was so well done, I think you will enjoy it. Patrick must have been so well liked by people who worked with him and for him, so many gave of their time to sit down for interviews. I think Patrick's widow Lisa is a class act, I hope she is happy.

Lisa remarried in about 2014, I think.

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday, Patrick would have turned 67 years old.

Gone too soon.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Am Patrick Swayze

[ Edited ]

I always wondered if he and Lisa had wanted children. Lisa said last night they very much wanted kids, she had a miscarriage, and then never conceived again. She said she was very willing to adopt, but Patrick was against it, so that never happened. Sad he left no one to carry on his name or legacy. 

Of all the guests who spoke about him, Rob Lowe impressed me the most, he thought the world of Patrick. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I always wondered if he and Lisa had wanted children. Lisa said last night they very much wanted kids, she had a miscarriage, and then never conceived again. she said she was very willing to adopt, but Patrick was against it, so that never happened. Sad he left no one to carry on his name or legacy. 

Of all the guests who spoke about him, Rob Lowe impressed me the most, he thought the world of Patrick. 

I wonder why he was against adoption? The two of them had a lot of love to give, were well off financially, there is nothing wrong with adopting a child.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I always wondered if he and Lisa had wanted children. Lisa said last night they very much wanted kids, she had a miscarriage, and then never conceived again. she said she was very willing to adopt, but Patrick was against it, so that never happened. Sad he left no one to carry on his name or legacy. 

I wonder why he was against adoption? The two of them had a lot of love to give, were well off financially, there is nothing wrong with adopting a child.

Of course there is nothing wrong with adoption, but it is a very personal thing, and obviously he had his reasons.