Honored Contributor

For those who haven't heard of the Paramount channel, it used to be called Spike TV, channel 64 on Comcast regular cable, channel 452 on Comcast Xfinity (HD).

They are showing other Patrick Swayze films today, I just watched Dirty Dancing for the umpteenth time and one of my fave Patrick Swayze films.

'Ghost' is on now, if anyone is interested!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Just a reminder this airs on Sunday. I saw Patrick's wife Lisa on something ( I forget), she said his mother was physically and emotionally abusive to him until the age of 18 when Patrick's father said he would leave his wife if she didn't stop, she did.

@Jordan2 

I read that too, so sad.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Lisa had seriously considered leaving Patrick shortly before he got sick, he had some bad habits, she did not want to put up with. Here on Comcast Paramount is on Ch 34.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Lisa had seriously considered leaving Patrick shortly before he got sick, he had some bad habits, she did not want to put up with. Here on Comcast Paramount is on Ch 34.

@Shelbelle  I did not yet see the show.

What did the show reveal about his "bad habits"?  I think he was a smoker.

Was he involved with someone else?

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle  I did not yet see the show.

What did the show reveal about his "bad habits"?  I think he was a smoker.

Was he involved with someone else?

I have no idea what she will say tonite, she said this on Oprah not long after he passed away. I cant remember what habits she said he had, but she did say she had left him temporarily . 

Honored Contributor

Their fairytale romance was at times idyllic, but the couple had their ups and downs. In 2003 the pair separated for a year because Patrick developed a drinking problem. The couple managed to overcome this difficult time, and after Patrick was released from rehab, they were reunited.
Read more at https://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/celebrity/lisa-niemis-one-regret-marriage-patrick-swayze-65009#mFoei...

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Their fairytale romance was at times idyllic, but the couple had their ups and downs. In 2003 the pair separated for a year because Patrick developed a drinking problem. The couple managed to overcome this difficult time, and after Patrick was released from rehab, they were reunited.
Read more at https://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/celebrity/lisa-niemis-one-regret-marriage-patrick-swayze-65009#mFoei...

Every couple has their ups and downs, why would they be any different? I guess the love they had for each other was enough to overcome any problems they were having.

Honored Contributor

I read an article the other day...and wow did one of his brothers take her to task. He also said the story about his mother was not true and she kept him from being close to his family after they married. I have no idea what the truth is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

This documentary was well done and I enjoyed the multiple interviews with his many co- stars. I adore Sam Elliot and figured that these two cowboys would get along well. I have also heard that there is no love lost between Don Swayze and Lisa Niemi. I was disappointed that the mini series North and South was not mentioned. I loved that mini series and Patrick was perfection as the Southern gentleman Orry Main. He was so gorgeous in his Southern finery. Hard to believe he's been gone for 10 years. Gone way too soon.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I didn't get a chance to watch it but my DVR is set to record it in less than an hour. Thanks.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~