Honored Contributor

Re: I Am Elizabeth Smart Lifetime 8pm nov 18

There's always hope that the missing will be found and able to continue their lives.   I never give up hope.  The very best to Elizabeth and the others who have been found and rescued. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I saw her doing an interview recently and she seems like a lovely young lady.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Wasn’t this on last week?  I already watched it.

She is a remarkable woman.

I think you saw what was A&E's Autobiography, which I watched, too.  Elizabeth and her family spoke so candidly about what she had gone through.  She's incredibly brave and selfless to speak out.  

I think Elizabeth was also a producer of the Lifetime movie, which aired last night.  I had my DVR set to record, but for some reason it didn't.  Hopefully it will record the next airing (tonight, I think?).

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

There are also a couple shows Monday evening on A&E about Elizabeth. 

Honored Contributor

I won't be watching. Lifetime will do their best to sensationalize it with as much drama as possible.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her narration on the new 2 part autobiography on A & E was done very well...not sensationalized.  She spoke up giving her summation, her reasons at the time for staying quiet when confronted by the police and news of her hew happy life.  She married a man from Scotland and she said her fairy tale came true after all.  Very touching.  She survived her abduction.  She said that she's been asked how she can have sex with another man after what she's been through and her reply was "I have sex the same way that everyone else does."  Her delivery was perfect.  You got to hand it to her...she is one strong woman.

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I won't be watching. Lifetime will do their best to sensationalize it with as much drama as possible.

I haven’t seen it yet so I can’t comment on that part. But Elizabeth herself was very much a part of the making of this.  She narrated the movie and is one of the producers. I saw a clip when they were making it and she is right there, making sure they got it right. She said it’s very accurate of what she went through. 

But I can understand concerns of it being too dramatized. It really was a very dramatic time for her, though. I can’t imagine going through all that for 9 months. 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm only going to watch it because Elizabeth was a producer of the movie.  You might want to watch A&E's Autobiography of Elizabeth, which recently aired.  Elizabeth and her family are very open throughout the 2 episodes.  It is well worth watching.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I usually don't watch shows like this, I don't want to be entertained by someone else's misery but this story is very much worth watching.

Young women are snatched every day.   Young men, too, I"m sure.

Elizabeth Smart is doing a great service by explaining her ordeal in great detail, including her thoughts of how she was going to get back to her family.

I hesitated because it was on Lifetime but I'm glad I watched.   Her story was not sensationalized nor was there any gratuitous sex or violence.   It was almost like watching a documentary.

Elizabeth Smart reminds me of Candace DeLong.   Elizabeth Smart got into the head of her abductor in order to stay alive and beat him at his game.   

Esteemed Contributor

I dvr'ed the movie, and it was very well done, and held my interest from start to finish.

She had more strength as a 14 year old child, than a lot of adults do.

I have tremendous respect for her.