Honored Contributor

Humphrey Bogart, "Knock on Any Door" TCM 4:00 p.m. Eastern

[ Edited ]

This is a bit of a sleeper that almost slipped past me.  Bogie plays a conscience-stricken lawyer who takes on a "juvenile delinquent" case, for guilty reasons of his own.

Directed by Nicholas Ray, the artful director of "In a Lonely Place" which received much discussion here a few days ago.  This one is a courtroom film noir, which also features a very young John Derek, who was famously married to Bo Derek and guided her career...

And tomorrow, don't forget that in honor of Martin Luther King, TCM will be an all day festival of films by and about African Americans.  Some little-seen gems along with old favorites, like "A Warm December", "Sounder",  "A Patch of Blue", and even "Shaft"!   In prime time they will feature movies with African American directors, not just performers.

Super Contributor

Re: Humphrey Bogart, "Knock on Any Door" TCM 4:00 p.m. Eastern

Another good one to watch is " The Ghost & Mrs. Muir" at 8:00pm, with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. It's one of my favorites, so lovely and romantic.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Knock on Any Door!  I will be watching. 

@Serena Sue, I really like that movie. Gene Tierney was just beautiful.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for mentioning "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", @Serena Sue.  Beautiful, poignant, wistful film!

Honored Contributor

Hi @Oznell!

I might check that out. 

Its a channel surfing lots of channels kind of day.

Btw, I got to watch some of Flipper and I was so surprised that I didn't remember almost the first full hour is so sad! I wish I could have watched the rest but I had to leave.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion todaySmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"