Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

There is a live broadcast of Hamilton, filmed on stage in NYC

This is on Disney plus. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hulu anyone?

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick

I have had Hulu since 2015. It has the best collection of TV channels, and some very good original series.

You can pay Hulu by the year for a discount. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

We are noticing a volume problem.  We have the volume set and then suddenly it gets loud for a couple of seconds, then back down to normal. 

@MamaWick I've noticed an issue with volume when we play certain shows, but I have to turn up the volume because it's more difficult to hear.  I wondered if it had something to do with the quality of their videos since it happens with the older movies/shows.  I haven't noticed it with the newer episodes, though.  

I'm noticing what you described when I watch QVC.  Sometimes it gets really loud and I have to adjust the volume then a little later I can barely hear it and have to turn it up again.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@wildcat fan  Do you have problems viewing Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV.  I can see a couple of hours and then it automatically exits and Tv loses volume. I have to unplug TV and it will work again. Because of that reason I usually watch HULU on my regular non-smart RCA TV

@qvcfreak We haven't had any issues with Hulu on our Samsung Smart TV, but that's happened with us when using Netflix.  Last week we couldn't even get Netflix to launch, but we were able to access it on the other TV and devices.  I read that it helps to unplug the TV for about a minute.  I tried that and we haven't had any issues with Netflix since then.

Looks like Hulu did some sort of update in the past few weeks because it looks different when we first tune in from the TV.  It used to have "Continue Watching" front and center when we logged in, but now I have to scroll down.  I liked it better the other way.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan @On my Samsung TV, continue watching it

is front and center and on my Non Smart TV, I have to scroll down. And I’ve disconnected my TV several times and when watching HULU, it still exits and no volume until I unplug TV again 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@wildcat fan @On my Samsung TV, continue watching it

is front and center and on my Non Smart TV, I have to scroll down. And I’ve disconnected my TV several times and when watching HULU, it still exits and no volume until I unplug TV again 

That's interesting @qvcfreak. 🤔

Have you called Hulu technical support?  They might be able to help you troubleshoot the volume issue.  

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

We really enjoy our Hulu subscription.  I stream from our Samsung Smart TV, our Apple TV, an iPad, and my iPhone without any issues at all.  

Would love to know which shows you're watching so I can check them out.  I've watched a lot of older TV shows this summer.  We like murder mysteries.  We just finished streaming all of the Agatha Christie's Marple and just started the Murdoch Mysteries.  

Other shows we've liked this summer are Big Little Lies, Little Fires Everywhere, and Law & Order SVU.  Wish they would hurry up and post the last season of Blue Bloods because I missed several episodes.

We subscribed to Hulu just so I could watch Mrs. America about the Equal Rights Ammendment.  It was very entertaining. 

Esteemed Contributor

So far, I am NOT impressed with Hulu.  It freezes and we have to change channels to get it to unfreeze.  It takes time to change channels as we don't have a jump or back button to get to the previous channel and thus have to pull up the guide to do this.  The local NBC has a lot of pixelation which is probably not from Hulu, but from NBC....still.  we have fiberoptic internet at 250 gps yet it is still too slow.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick

You may want to talk to your provider about the problems. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg   Hulu?  or the internet provider?

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix