Honored Contributor
Other interesting tidbits about him I just learned from Wiki:

He announced the Kukla, Fran and Ollie show (gosh I remember that children's show) and

He replaced Francis Pangborn as Jack Paar's sidekick. The significance of that is there is a character on the Columbo with Johnny Cash with that name. The man from the feds who is investigating the plane crash. He is Mr. Pangborn. The Columbo writers have to have gotten that name from this man!

@Shelbelle. I'm 68 and I definitely remember the Jack Paar show with Hugh Downs.
Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Puppy Lips : I recently read a gossip column that stated she has dementia and is not doing well.

This is terribly sad. All the greats are leaving us or suffering.  Many of us loved Barbara Walters and respected her journalistic integrity.  Young women today could learn a lot modelling  their career after this great news anchor.  She was a highly effective interviewer.  Today's interviews are too lax and often "puff pieces".   Barbara Walters was as good as it gets digging deep.

Honored Contributor

I remember when he had two knee replacements at the same time, said he didn't want to have to go through it again.

Respected Contributor

Like others, my first memory of him was from Concentration.

RIP.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

Regarding Barbara Walters - I've wondered what she would think of 'The View'.  That was her show.

Just think of all the memories she has.    Last I read she had dementia and still living in her New York apartment with 24-hour help.

Esteemed Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

Regarding Barbara Walters - I've wondered what she would think of 'The View'.  That was her show.

Just think of all the memories she has.    Last I read she had dementia and still living in her New York apartment with 24-hour help.

I would like to think that Barbara Walters would not be happy with how The View has evolved.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I was surprised that he was still around and what surprised me even more was that I remember him!