Honored Contributor

Anyone watch this? I watched the first episode on PBS. Since I did not read anything about it prior to watching, I didn't really know what to expect or what the storyline is about moving forward. I will watch next week and see if it holds my interest.

Anyone else watch it?

Respected Contributor

I watched it, but I think it has been a couple of years ago.  I thought is was just okay. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I watched it too and like 4kitties I thought it was just okay also.  I did like the movie however.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Anyone watch this? I watched the first episode on PBS. Since I did not read anything about it prior to watching, I didn't really know what to expect or what the storyline is about moving forward. I will watch next week and see if it holds my interest.

Anyone else watch it?

I watched the first episode also. The 1992 movie of the same name starring Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson is wonderful.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

It's a lovely series. I was quite enchanted by it more so than the movie version. 

Honored Contributor

The movie is excellent and the series just as good.  I enjoyed both, the acting, settings, storyline, held my interest and would recommend both.  

Respected Contributor

I watched it when it was originally aired on Showtime.  I think Matthew MacFadyen is a wonderful actor.  He is about 6'3" and I think he put on some weight to play the role on Howard's End.  He is a wonderful actor.  He was great as Mr. Darcy in the Keira Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice.