Trusted Contributor

I watched this last year when it was on Starz.  Loved it and am rewatching it on PBS.

Respected Contributor

I loved the movie, and loved the book, but this presentation is UNWATCHABLE.

Gave up after one episode.

Honored Contributor

I watched two episodes and decided this one isn't for me. It's very dry and slow moving. It's probably a matter of watching it at a different time. I probably should have DVR'ed it and watched it when more in the mood for more attentive viewing. I am still watching Sanditon, but after this past episode will have to rethink that as well... Not sure either of these really qualifies as being a "Masterpiece"... Mainly watching Sanditon at this point for Theo James, who is definitely a masterpiece...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I can't believe it's taken me this long to be aware of Theo James. Oh myyyyyyyyyy goooooodnessss.

Alas, he is married and his wife, Ruth Kearney, joins the Sanditon cast as Eliza Campion.

Contributor

The final episode of this show aired on my PBS station last night. For those watching - what did you think of it?

Seems like those sisters ruined many people's lives and then just strolled off on their posh property without a care in the world. 

I was having trouble warming up to this series and didn't care for the way it ended at all.

Is this how the movie made about this story ended?  I didn't see it, so I was curious.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

I found this last episode, con fussing,it almost seems like they skipped over a few episodes, just did not feel right.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I watched all of the episodes.  I did not like it but kept hoping it would get better.  I always felt like they were leaving out scenes or maybe the episodes were edited.  I never felt like I got to know any of the characters and I just did not care what happened to them.  The plot was almost non existent and very confusing.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Re: Howards End PBS

[ Edited ]

@bathina wrote:

I can't believe it's taken me this long to be aware of Theo James. Oh myyyyyyyyyy goooooodnessss.

Alas, he is married and his wife, Ruth Kearney, joins the Sanditon cast as Eliza Campion.

@bathina  On this we can agree... Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina  On this we can agree... Woman Wink

Agree! 😉😃

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I found this last episode, con fussing,it almost seems like they skipped over a few episodes, just did not feel right.

I watched all the episodes and I felt the same way.  I kept waiting for everything to come together and make sense, but it never did.  And the last episode was probably the worst.  It seemed to me that they skipped big segments of the story so that watching this interpretation was confusing.