Honored Contributor

Re: How the Grinch Stole Christmas...

I only like the original cartoon Grinch version. I really hated the Jim Carrey movie. Sorry. I have no plans to see the new animated movie in theaters, but I will probably watch it when it gets to cable just out of curiosity. I understand why they remake things, but IMO, most remakes are not as good as the originals. 

Trusted Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Teddie

Isn't it just wonderful!  It gave me such joy seeing her delight at the movie! This is her third time going to the movies. Her dad and I took her to see The Incredibles over the summer and dh and I took her to see Smallfoot a month or so ago. It reminds me of our sons when they were small. I loved those times and am very glad I'm able to do these things with her. She has a baby sister who is one month old. Looking forward to when she can also go places with us. 

Enjoy your movie date with your grandson(and his mom and 1 year old brother)! (I know you will).Smiley Very Happy and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

@Starpolisher

I can just imagine your joy at seeing her excitement! That’s the best part of the whole movie, and everything else you experience with her! I take it that they live close enough to be able to do things with them. My son and his family used to live about an hour away, which wasn’t too bad.  But now they have moved onto a corner of our property and plan on saving and building a home someday. We will be able to see them regularly. 

They came over this week and we watched The Grinch. They loved it and I was thankful we were able to do that. : )

By the way, I read your story of how you came up with your name here and I just loved that. I loved that you were a teacher and I loved the poem. You sound like a very nice, special person. My oldest daughter is a teacher. 

A very Merry, beautiful Christmas to you and your precious family, as well!

Respected Contributor

@Teddie

Thank you! My son and his family live an hour and a half away from us so we don't see them as much as we'd like.  Your so lucky that you'll be seeing them more!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Teddie

Isn't it just wonderful!  It gave me such joy seeing her delight at the movie! This is her third time going to the movies. Her dad and I took her to see The Incredibles over the summer and dh and I took her to see Smallfoot a month or so ago. It reminds me of our sons when they were small. I loved those times and am very glad I'm able to do these things with her. She has a baby sister who is one month old. Looking forward to when she can also go places with us. 

Enjoy your movie date with your grandson(and his mom and 1 year old brother)! (I know you will).Smiley Very Happy and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

@Starpolisher

I can just imagine your joy at seeing her excitement! That’s the best part of the whole movie, and everything else you experience with her! I take it that they live close enough to be able to do things with them. My son and his family used to live about an hour away, which wasn’t too bad.  But now they have moved onto a corner of our property and plan on saving and building a home someday. We will be able to see them regularly. 

They came over this week and we watched The Grinch. They loved it and I was thankful we were able to do that. : )

By the way, I read your story of how you came up with your name here and I just loved that. I loved that you were a teacher and I loved the poem. You sound like a very nice, special person. My oldest daughter is a teacher. 

I thought the same thing...........till I watched the trailer!

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Teddie

@Starpolisher

I thought the same thing...........till I watched the trailer!

@Judaline  What do you mean, if you care to share? I haven’t seen the newest version.  

Honored Contributor

LOVE the original animated grinch since i was a young child.

went to see the NEW animated grinch and that will become a holiday clasic for me also. so much emotion throughout the entire movie.

do not care for the jim carrey version of the grinch.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein