Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: How much TV do you watch in a day?

I get up about 3AM...TV is on until I go to Sleep at 11pm....so all day.

I do things while it is on...occasionally sit down and watch a show now and then. 

news is on 95% of the time ....use to watch shopping channels but not any more as I do not need more junk.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to watch the news and weather in the morning while I drink my coffee.  Then I will shut it off for several hours and do things around the house with music on generally.  Later I will turn on the shopping channels and see what is on,  I will normally watch for a bit if it's something I like.  Yesterday I watched Jay King on Hsn from 11-1 , I like the host that was on too so it was enjoyable.  Then I'll work on dinner and after that me and hubby usually watch one of the series we have going either on Netflix or Amazon.  

Super Contributor

I watch one to three hours a day and I'm counting Netflix and Amazon Prime in that number as that's TV watching.  

Respected Contributor

When I first retired, I used to watch a lot more.  I guess I needed to catch up w/People's Court and Hot Bench and the old B&W game shows when they were on BUZZR all the time.  Now, HB is gone, I hardly watch daytime tv.  I watch the local news early in the a.m. and then the tv goes off until the news comes back on at 4 pm and then I watch GSN for a few hours before going to bed.

I'd rather read now.  If there's a special baking or cooking show that comes on yearly on Food Network, I'll DVR and watch it mostly likely after an hour of news or on the weekend.  I hardly watch tv on the weekend since not much is on.  I'm so over the classic shows on METV, and those other classic stations since I watched them growing up and I'm not one for watching them again all these years later.

I'm not a big movie person either I guess. 

Honored Contributor

Two hours.  Some days none.

Trusted Contributor

Way too much!

Super Contributor

The TVs are on all the ime even though I don't watch them all the time.  I ike the background noise, I don't care for a quiet house much. 

Honored Contributor

This winter more TV than usual.

I’ve always loved TV.  However recently I spent a lot of time avoiding the news.  This often leads me to fall back on QVC.  Which gets boring.

I broke my back (again) in March.  I waited 2 weeks (due to the COVID scare) to get help.  It took my daughter coming from Colorado to get me to my Drs and have it taken care of.  She was here for about 5 months.  It was wonderful, in spite of the pain, having her here with me.  We get along well.  Our favorite thing to do I’d watch TV.

I’ve never made excuses for why I like TV.  I don’t care what other’s think one way or another.  I’m a live and let live kind of person.

Respected Contributor

My TV is on all day.  Sometimes all night, too, since I fall asleep until that Sponge Bob music wakes me up lol

Honored Contributor

I work from home as I have for years so my weekday life has not been impacted much from Covid.  The tv is on all day while I work but mostly it's just background noise.  When I put shopping channels on it's on mute.  So I don't count that as watching.  In the evenings, I watch some news and one or two tv programs.  Two hours.  I watch more on weekends, that's when I watch Netflix and Prime Video, I usually binge watch programs.  That's where Covid has increased my tv watching because I don't go out on weekends.