Valued Contributor

How does one tap into Netflix's listings?

Netflix constantly presents me with the same choices.  Supposedly, they have a vast catalog so why don't they ever let their subscribers search it?  Unless I have the name of a movie/tv show and put it into their search function - well I would never find it otherwise.  

I accidentally came across "Bonfire of Destiny" on Prime Video and am now watching and enjoying it.  I would never have found it on Netflix.  All they offer me are horror/supernatural listings of programs.  I don't understand why they offer me these as I have never watched one.  Also, a lot of kids superhero nonsense.  

I don't understand why they are not more user friendly.  Anyone have any tips.  

Regular Contributor

Re: How does one tap into Netflix's listings?

[ Edited ]

After you sign in on a computer "tv shows" and "movie" categories will appear at the top of the page. Click on the category you want to browse. A small box "genres" will appear. Cliick on that and scroll down to what interests you...comedies, dramas, classics etc. all the content in that category will come up. I hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

If you know the name of a movie you want to see, enter it into the search function.  The easiest way to find something is to have a voice activated Amazon Fire Stick and just say a name or genre. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I actually get most of my recommendations elsewhere, including here. There are online articles every month on what is coming to Netflix, what is leaving, what is good and what is bad. You can just google for a topic or category. I don’t find the Netflix app to be very helpful either.