Valued Contributor

How do you like season 4 of Outlander so far?

I am enjoying it, but my favorite season will always be the first.  I loved the budding romance between Jamie and Claire.  It IS nice to see though this season they can settle down and be together.  I am looking forward to the interaction with the Indians. I have read the books, so I won't give away any spoilers.

Trusted Contributor

Re: How do you like season 4 of Outlander so far?

I just discovered this series a few weeks ago, & love it!! I'm at the end of season 2. I liked the 1st season better, but nonetheless, it's still very good! I can't wait to see how the story develops!

Valued Contributor

I enjoyed the first two seasons, the third was ok, but have decided to call it quits. I had the same reaction about half way through the third book. Although the scenery and costumes are spectacular, I just hate the fact that Jamie and Claire (and pretty much all of the "good" characters) are constantly beaten down. Over and over again. It's too depressing for me to keep watching.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was surprised that the most current episode was rather mild, compared to all the others in this season and earlier.

I was hooked from the beginning.  I haven't read the books, but my own personal wish is that they'd go back to Scotland. 

And I do hope Murtaugh and they find each other again.  I hope that isn't wishful thinking.  As I said, I haven't read the books.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I'm loving it....I just wish we didn't have to wait so long between seasons.  I've not read the books.  

Regular Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I enjoyed the first two seasons, the third was ok, but have decided to call it quits. I had the same reaction about half way through the third book. Although the scenery and costumes are spectacular, I just hate the fact that Jamie and Claire (and pretty much all of the "good" characters) are constantly beaten down. Over and over again. It's too depressing for me to keep watching.

Don't give up.  Book 4 is excellent and I'm sure the series will do it justice even if it's not quite the same so far.  Without trials and tribulations a book would become quite boring.

Super Contributor

It's hard to answer this question without spoilers. I've read all of the books several times and watched every Season and every episode; some multiple times..

I think Season 4 is very ho-hum so far. And as someone who lives in North Carolina, there have been really blatant errors; so much so that its embarrassing. Even Diana Gabaldon has stated that the geographical errors are cringe-worthy. And the location(s) ARE a big part of the story.

If I'd never read any of the books and just tuned in in the middle of Season 4 I doubt I'd even bother to watch again.

I have been a big fan - I have been to several fancons, have met and spent time with Graham McTavish (Dougal), Terry Dresbach and Grant O'Rourke (Rupert). I volunteer at Old Salem in NC and we opened our Moravian Art Gallery and southern decorative museum on our closed day for a private, day-long tour for Diana Gabaldon which me and one of our curators did with just the three of us. I spent six hours with her and had lunch with her. So I've been a pretty dedicated fan. Its kind of a shame because I'm just not diggin' Season 4 at all. I think Steven Bonnet is poorly cast and they're spending way too much time on things they shouldn't and not enough time on things they should.

I'm kind of bummed.

Trusted Contributor

Yes -- I think this season has been slow so far.  Hopefully it will get more interesting.

Trusted Contributor

I have been a fan since the beginning.  Just curious, based on something discovered by the daughter's love interest in current time; is this the final season?  I have not heard anything to that effect.  Do not want to say too much in case some have not seen the last episode this past Sunday.

Esteemed Contributor

I read that there will be a season 5 and a season 6. So far, in season4, there have been emotional ups and downs. The second episode this season was anything but dull. I do like the historical context that they bring to the episodes. I found Outlander by accident on it’s very first episode. I was hooked immediately. Now my husband watches with me. I fill him in on the earlier background. We both wouldn’t miss an episode.