Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Actually Go To The Movies?

[ Edited ]

@RainyDayGal wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@tammysu wrote:

Once a year. ("Halloween" last year and this year "Joker").

If I had a boyfriend, I would go a lot.  Love seeing movies on the big screen!

Just curious -  Why do you need a boyfriend to go to the movies?   If you want to go, just go!  ðŸ˜Š

No one needs a boyfriend, spouse, friend, etc. to go but I wouldn't want to go alone either. What fun is that?  There would be no one to talk to about the movie, plus if it's at night I would feel safer walking back to the car with someone.

I do a lot of things alone - movies, Broadway shows, museums, everything.  I've met many very interesting people doing things by myself.  Sure, it's fun to go with a boyfriend or husband or girlfriends or whoever, but it can be very enjoyable to go solo too.  It's a different experience, and I like it. 

I realize not everyone feels the same way, but if I wanted to go to a movie and no one I knew was interested, I would absolutely go by myself rather than not go at all.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A friend always called and wanted to go the first or second day a movie came to the theaters.   I'd go but hated that I could never get comfortable in the chairs/recliners and always spent a fortune.  

She moved so now I wait till it's cold (love it even more if it snows) and find a movie On Demand.  It's not the cheapest either but I'm in the comfort of my own home, no line for a bathroom or for snacks and I can wear my PJs!  

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My last time at the theater was Thanksgiving night 1995 to see James Bond, Golden Eye.  I hate going to the movies.

---------------

My last movie at a movie house was the Perfect  Storm with George Clooney in 1991!!!  It has been a while, but watching movies at home is easier and better for us!!

That was a great movie but I watched it at home on New Year's Eve night going from  2000 into 2001. @corita that one came out in 6/2000 not 1991.  But hey we both love George Clooney and love watching at home. Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My last time at the theater was Thanksgiving night 1995 to see James Bond, Golden Eye.  I hate going to the movies.

---------------

My last movie at a movie house was the Perfect  Storm with George Clooney in 1991!!!  It has been a while, but watching movies at home is easier and better for us!!

That was a great movie but I watched it at home on New Year's Eve night going from  2000 into 2001. @corita that one came out in 6/2000 not 1991.  But hey we both love George Clooney and love watching at home. Heart

-----------------

You are correct!!  Don't know why I was thinking 1991!!!