Honored Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Actually Go To The Movies?

It depends what's playing.  I almost never go in the summer...it's mostly action or kiddie movies which I'm not interested in seeing. 

DH is retired and so we try to see a movie a few times over the winter.  We'll go in the afternoon then out for an early dinner.  We might go see the new Bruce Springsteen movie when it comes out soon.

However if there is something that I really want to see like Downton Abbey & Judy I'll go with a girlfriend which I've done over the last few weeks.

Honored Contributor

An average of two or three times a month. Usually on Tuesday which is Discount Day for AMC Stubs members. Most of the time I go alone, reserve my seat online, and pick up my Garrett's Carmel/Cheese PopCorn mix on the way. I go to the first showing of whatever film I'm seeing. Usually there are less than 15 people in the theatre which means I can place my outerwear and/or tote bag in one of the seats next to me and be completely comfortable. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

The last time I was in a movie theater to see a movie was Can You Ever Forgive Me.  But I go to the "movie" theater to see/hear the Live from the Met HD operas.  Really enjoy them!

Respected Contributor

Never, use Netflix and Prime andTMC. Saves me $, parking hassle, annoying noise in theatre etc.

Esteemed Contributor

We go relatively often,saw Downton Abbey with my daughter a few weeks ago,DH not a fan of Downton.  The sweet Beatles movie titled Yesterday.  Also They Shall Never grow Old. All were well worth seeing.  Looking forward to a few coming soon. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I have a hot date on November 22 to see Frozen II with a whole herd of little girls.  SEND HELP!!!!!

Honored Contributor

For the past 7 or 8 years, going to the movies is an annual tradition for my adult son and I.  Just the two of us, we pick one day to go to an IMAX theater to see a movie in it's granduer.  Whatever that year's so-called blockbuster is for the Christmas season, that's the movie we see.  It's more about catching up and spending the day together than anything else.

Other than that, I don't go to movie theaters.  I haven't for about 10 years.  

Esteemed Contributor

I go often on my way home from work, so the time when the movie starts becomes very important (anything after 7:00 is usually too late and has made me miss movies I’ve wanted to see.) Depending on the film, I often get tickets as soon as they go on sale - may be over a month in advance. Fandango makes it easy to cancel if I change my mind. I don’t know where everyone else lives, but it is extremely rare for me to have a rude fellow theater goer.

The last movie I saw was Joker on its Thursday night release date. That was an interesting experience, but an absolutely incredible performance. Everything you hear about Joaquin Phoenix is true. And, people were heard leaving the theater talking about the movie and their interpretations of it. Will try to see Maleficent on Tuesday.
Esteemed Contributor

We have a new movie complex, with smaller rooms and reclining chairs, built near our home. They serve food. To the side they have a bar area with leather chairs and comfy tables, so you can enjoy music, live and piped in, before or after show. We've dropped in to have an appetizer and listen to jazz band when we didn't see movies. It's clean and convenient. Not really a 'teen' drop off place, like our other option in town. We still enjoy the movie experience. It is loud for me. Husband loves the popcorn experience. We probably view movies 6 - 8 times a year. Absolutely go on Thanksgiving Eve. A tradition we began when kids were young. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

We go every couple of years, and then only usually when friends want to go. The last movie I saw in the movie theater was Concussion, and prior to that it was Saving Private Ryan.