Honored Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Actually Go To The Movies?

We rarely go to the movies.  It seems like the get to the rentals so quickly these days that we just wait...unless it's one of my favorites that comes out with sequels.  I can't wait for Terminator!  Sara Connor is back whoopin' some Terminator ass!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Never.  Can't remember the last time I went.  I'd rather stay at home where I am comfortable.  Theaters smell, are cold, and I don't like being surrounded on all sides by people I don't know.  I don't enjoy people kicking my seat and eating loudly. 

Honored Contributor

I love to go to the movies - I wish there were more movies I was interested in seeing these days.  I never go on the weekends, usually a matinee on a week day.  Never buy the concessions - usually go out to late lunch or early dinner after.  There are several good restaurants nearby.  

Respected Contributor

I love going to the movies!

Honored Contributor

I've been once in the past 20 years, to see Secretariat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I never go to the movies.

Last film i saw in the theater was "Dances With Wolves."  It was extremely depressing (I don't remember much of it!) and I decided I didn't want to pay for that.

I don't admire actors, so I will not enrich them.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

I have no earthly memory of when I stopped going to the movies.  It might have been when someone brought a crying infant in or when my shoes stuck to the gum on the floor.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Almost never because I'm spoiled !

The last time I went, I kept wishing I had the remote in my hand so I could go back and hear what I missed.  Without backing up and fast forwarding, I get antsy.   Besides, at home if I have to go to the bathroom, I can put the movies on Pause and go .... and no one complains.   Yeah, I'm a little spoiled ... and I like it.

Esteemed Contributor

Never, anymore.  Last time was about 2006, which is also when I last cared at all about anything connected with the Academy Awards.

For about 6 years before that I went to see one to four movies every week.

Respected Contributor

Not for many years.  We wait until it comes out on DVD.