Respected Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Actually Go To The Movies?

My husband and I go quite often.  We like seeing movies on the big screen. We enjoy the whole experience. The excellent audio systems,  reclining seats, beer or wine, pop corn and milk duds. Being around others that are excited to see the movie too. Great entertainment!

Regular Contributor

Once a year. ("Halloween" last year and this year "Joker").

If I had a boyfriend, I would go a lot.  Love seeing movies on the big screen!

Honored Contributor

I go the movies 6 or 7 times a year now.  We used to go much more often, a couple of times a month.  But the movies come to Comcast Xfinity so fast that unless it's something I really want to see, I wait.  There's new theatre complex near us and we've been there a few times this summer.  I really like it, we take advantage of reserved seating and you can pre-order your snacks and they bring them to you.  The seats a big comfy recliners.  I prefer aisle seats so I really like reserved seating.  I'm pretty busy too but I think leisure time and doing things that I love is every bit as important as work.  Also, while I love the comforts of home, I don't want to spend to much time at home.  I want and need to be out and about.  

Honored Contributor

Nothing worth seeing.

Also, I live in a large metro area, too much crime and for whatever reason, movie theaters & the parking lots are a target

Respected Contributor

Probably once every 10 years.

Esteemed Contributor

On average, once a year. Sometimes twice, other years none. Not much worth paying for.

Last movie I saw in the theater was A Star is Born. Went with DIL and enjoyed the movie and the popcorn!

Esteemed Contributor

@tammysu wrote:

Just curious -  Why do you need a boyfriend to go to the movies?   If you want to go, just go!  😊

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My last time at the theater was Thanksgiving night 1995 to see James Bond, Golden Eye.  I hate going to the movies.

---------------

My last movie at a movie house was the Perfect  Storm with George Clooney in 1991!!!  It has been a while, but watching movies at home is easier and better for us!!

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@tammysu wrote:

Just curious -  Why do you need a boyfriend to go to the movies?   If you want to go, just go!  😊

No one needs a boyfriend, spouse, friend, etc. to go but I wouldn't want to go alone either. What fun is that?  There would be no one to talk to about the movie, plus if it's at night I would feel safer walking back to the car with someone.

Esteemed Contributor

Rarely... I just find it more comfortable to watch a movie at home and the rentals come out quickly. I think the last movie that I saw was Wonder Woman.