Honored Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Actually Go To The Movies?

Hmm... Hardly ever. Saw the second to last Harry Potter movie that was at the IMAX theater. The one before that was Silence of the Lambs.

Honored Contributor

I went a couple months ago.  It had been a long time prior to that.  It was a good time.  

Respected Contributor

I am in a movie group so I see at least one movie a month.  I tend to go to more movies during Oscar Bait Season September to December.  

Honored Contributor

Once a year for sure, we go on Christmas Day and then have dinner at a Chinese restaurant.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't go as often as I would like, but I love seeing movies in theaters.   Like so many other people, I get lots of movie channels at home and I have Netflix, etc, but there's nothing like seeing a movie on a big screen in a theater. It's an entirely different experience.

Sometimes I go to dine-in theaters - very roomy and comfortable, with reserved seating.  But I often go to regular theaters too.  I haven't had problems with overcrowding or volume being too loud or germs or rude people.  (Just once, decades ago, some teens near us were noisy, and my son asked them to keep it down.  Problem solved.)

I would always prefer to see a movie in a theater rather than at home, but I do both.

Honored Contributor

Zero

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

I go about 2-3 times a year.  My husband would love to go every week if he could as he loves movies.  

Esteemed Contributor

Once a year or less.  The last movie I saw was Mary Poppins about a year ago.  I would probably go to a couple a year but nothing looks good.  I'm not into the Super Heroes or Sci Fi movies.  If I do see something that looks interesting, it is no longer being shown by the time I'm ready to see it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

My husband and I used to always go, but now hardly ever. It seems the movies that we want to see comeout pretty quickly, so we just wait a little bit an denjoy them in the comfort of our own home...

There are certain movies though that I think are much better in the theatre, and if I were retired I would probably go more often during the week, during the day-never on weekends!!!!! So maybe once we are retired we will go again more often! Love theatre popcorn! 

Honored Contributor

My last time at the theater was Thanksgiving night 1995 to see James Bond, Golden Eye.  I hate going to the movies.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."