Respected Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Actually Go To The Movies?

[ Edited ]

Not much at all anymore. The last time I went to a movie was three or four years ago.

Honored Contributor

Never.

Stopped when GS outgrew us taking him.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Shoot ! While we were on vacation up in Ind. My oldest sister and I went to see Downton Abby and senior admission were 7.50 a piece that's 15, then, small drink was 7.50, small popcorn was 7.50 for one was another 15=30.00.

I asked her since I was paying the bill you want small popcorn and drink, too ? that would had been another 15 . Bill would had been 45.00

I don't know how people with kids do it ! No wonder the young never have money. LOL

Sister just took my popcorn and ate it. She's a tightwad.

Honored Contributor

Hardly ever.  

Last time was in 2003.  We were on vacation, it was a rainy afternoon so we went to see some racehorse movie.  (I dozed off.)

Before that ... I think it was E.T.   We also went to see The Exorcist back in the 1970s.  

If something that sounds interesting comes on TV, I'll watch.  I prefer foreign films to American films - so I buy DVD copies.   I don't mind reading subtitles.

Honored Contributor

rarely.......last year i went to one. we were taking some young family members out for an evening.....dinner and a movie.

the new "how the grinch stole christmas".

i have lots of movie channels via my cable service, hulu, netflix, and amazon prime.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

my young adults still enjoy going to the movies......they go once a month or once every other month. we have some really nice, comfortable movie theaters in our area.

they usually go to eat out beforehand so they dont buy anything at the movie theater.

they take their own candies and bottled waters.

ATT wireless has a special program where you can get two for one tickets on tuesdays through their loyalty program so they save that way.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I got a big ol' Vera Bradley bag and if I go with husband he will stuff it with bottled drinks and popcorn in a breadsack and sneak in. LOL

Trusted Contributor

With the way I so easily fall asleep in the evening with the tv on it isn’t good for me to pay so much money to go watch a movie! It’s so hard to stay awake but at least I can rewind to see what I’ve missed. And all the conveniences of being home all warm and comfy—can’t beat that. 

Respected Contributor

Not as often as before - Maybe six times a year.  My Wednesday afternoon movie friend moved to Tennessee.  Miss her - She usually selected the film and honestly never picked a bad movie.

Honored Contributor

I must say that I DO plan to go see the Downton Abbey movie on a big screen .... if it's still around, that is!