Honored Contributor

How Often Do You Actually Go To The Movies?

I hardly go to the movies.  I just don't have enough time.

After work my days are seeing a friend for lunch, running  errands,  or chilling. 😊

My movies come from Netflix. 

Respected Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Actually Go To The Movies?

The last time was to see Moonstruck..so haven't  been since the late 80's.

Honored Contributor

Almost never.  At one time we went to the movies every weekend, but no more.

It is expensive, other movie goers talk too loud and are disruptive.  Sometimes the movie sound is too loud and hurts my ears. They ring for days afterwards.

i admit that I have never felt comfortable in a closed dark room with strangers...in today's environment, it certainally makes me feel even more anxiety than ever before.

We wait a few months and then purchase the DVD.  We have a huge library of movies...hundreds of them.  No need to leave our home anymore.

Honored Contributor

I am retired and go less than I did when I worked!!!!  When younger I went all the time.  My aunt took me when I stayed at her place and as a teenager, I would go with friends. 

If I do go now which is not often, I go to the theater which has recliners and lots of room.  I enjoy the comfort it provides and of course there is nothing like movie popcorn!!!!  Love!

Honored Contributor

Never, any more.   The audio is too loud, and I can't hear for three days after a movie.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Never anymore.  I didn't go from 1997 to 2015. Went a few times with DH, he wanted to.  Usually he and DD went, but I bit the bullet and went.  Saw 3 or 4 movies and I was done.

People talking during the movie, kids talking and it was too loud.

Now I wait til they come on Direct TV.

Esteemed Contributor

We go out to a theatre six to eight times a year.  Love the reclining chairs that you reserve in advance; unfortunately, they're not available in our rural community so we save the cinema for big city trips.

Honored Contributor

Almost never. The last time I went I couldn't wait to leave. It's just not something I enjoy any longer. As others have said it's so loud. There are also so many previews etc before the actual movie begins. It gets on my nerves. I'd rather see movies in my home. I have a daughter that goes constantly. If you enjoy it that's great but I don't.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband and I go to the movies almost every week, except for in Winter if there's bad snow. Its our hobby. We are nicknamed the movie critics. lol. We always go on Sundays (and then out to dinner, its our date day!) but we just missed 3 weeks of movies because my back was out. But now I got steroid shots so we are back to the movies starting Sunday! We are going to see Judy Sunday and we are going to see the Joker one weekday evening this week since we are behind on movies. Best movies are out in Summer, and now through the holidays.Prices here are good. There are specials at certain times at our main theatre, and the one theatre in the nearby town has $5 movies yet! PS we buy no snacks at the regular theatre because its pricey, but the small town $5 theatre has popcorn for $1.25 and $2.50 and drinks for $1. Love the movies! Oh and the big theatre has all brand new reclining chairs. The small theatre in nearby town has old school seats but I take my covered pillow to sit on those chairs.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Not often... Most theaters aren't what they used to be so the viewing experience isn't as pleasant, especially when you can hear the sound from the movie next door coming through the walls... Besides, the cost of both the movie and the concessions have become unbelievable... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...