Regular Contributor

Re: How Does He Look So Young?

Maybe good genes.

My mother looked really young. She was in her mid 30's and would get carded in bars. My brother and I are both in our 60's now and we don't look that old. I have a friend the same way. He probably takes care of himself, maybe with facials. Don't laugh. Men have been known to take care of their faces. 

Honored Contributor

The sun and tanning beds are worse on skin than time.

Honored Contributor

My youngest son is 42.  He doesn't even look 21.   My daughter is 48 and very petite.  She is often mistaken for a high school student when she is with her daughter who is 17. My 43 year old son looks his age.

No one thinks my DH and I are as old as we are. We both look about 10 years younger.

I don't think we ( DH and I ) look young, it's just that some people look old, due to illness, smoking or drinking, sun exposure or their genes.

I think attitude has a lot to do with it as well.  Some people try too hard to not look their age, which ages them.

I think Ralph looks young for his age...good genes.

Honored Contributor

My handsome DH is 71, looks a lot younger, I am a different story, LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I used to stand out by the street, waiting for my kids' school bus. One day a school bus stopped to pick me up, lol. 

I don't think it would happen now!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

His hair is probably his own...it also has to do with genes..if he has some Italian or Latin roots he may hang on to his hair for years to come.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I used to stand out by the street, waiting for my kids' school bus. One day a school bus stopped to pick me up, lol. 

I don't think it would happen now!!!!!

@Judaline 

The first year I was teaching, I was waiting at a city bus stop with my tote bag of school stuff.  An older lady struck up a conversation with me and asked what school I attended! 

This kind of thing happened all of the time and I hated it.  Then at some point time caught up with me, and now I'd love to be taken for much younger, but those days are over.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

His hair is probably his own...it also has to do with genes..if he has some Italian or Latin roots he may hang on to his hair for years to come.

My two sons both have their dad's dark coloring.  But one of them had thin hair and started balding fairly early.  The other one has a really thick head of hair and is holding on to all of it.  I just assume they have taken after different ancestors. No Italian, but a bit of Spanish mixed with a lot of other nationalities.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

In my Italian family, all the men are bald by the time they're 40.  In return, they grow body hair.  I used to ask my brother why he was wearing a sweater at the beach!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz I was just telling my sister the other day, I hate when people wear toilets just to look younger. Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy